Gen.3;24 places the cherubim, and A flaming sword to guard, why?

by jam 28 Replies latest watchtower medical

• jam
    jam

OK , Why was it necessary for God to places A arm cherubim

to guard the way to the tree of life? Adam and eve had

patraken of the tree. It,s not like adam will try again

after he pisst God off, right. So who else was God keeping out?

Adam offspring, I don,t think so, after Adam was driven out

the tree disappeared. You think Adam moved A great distance

or did he and Eve settle A few meters from the entrance , just

out of eye shot of the cherubim. Funny story.

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

It's just a story. If you read a little bit further on apparently there were already people outside of the Garden when they left.

• jam
    jam

Sorry , adam had partaken of the tree, cann,t

find my glasses.

• jam
    jam

MrFreeze: that,s the reason why I question the bible

truthfulness. The first book of the bible.

• JWOP
    JWOP

You're forgetting that there were TWO trees. Adam and Eve partook of the Tree of Knowledge, whereas the Cherubim were guarding the Tree of Life (which they had not yet partaken of). God was making darned sure that they DIDN'T partake of it, as the Scripture states.

Where is the proof that there were other people outside of the garden at this time?

• HintOfLime
    HintOfLime

It was an opportunity for God to show off and invent the sword before man did.

Funny that... god using a human invention that wouldn't have been understood or recognized by the people there - and yet an icon that makes perfect sense if you're making up a story to tell an audience...

- Lime

• Diest
    Diest

How Stupid was eve to not eat from the tree of life first....God would have been so pissed that the knew good and bad AND they couldnt die.

• jam
    jam

I beleive this point was mention before on A different

topic. The name of the tree of the knowledge of good

and evil implies that evil had already occurred if not

in the garden, then at the time of satan,s fall.

• mP
    mP

The genesis garden of eve story is about a King who sets some rules and expected no demands under penalty of death that they be obeyed unconditionally. There is no room for morality only obedience. Recall that Adam literally means "man" and Eve means "mother", these are not individuals but representations of the kings subjects. The same chapters tell us that God is literally walking in his garden. In the middle East, gardens are symbols of wealth, power and prestige. The story of the hanging Gardens of Babylon is a perfect example. IN that part of the world, water is rare and precious. By having a private garden the king shows he is better, wise and almost super natural in that he has command over nature. The garden in the middle of the dry and hot environment shows just how grand the king is. When examining these stories, one must forget the bad knowledge and history we bring from xian education and examine the story for what it is in their context, which is often very very different. Water for most western countries and gardens are nothing overtly special, however if you are lucky to havea small well and share it, then the kings gardens do become very special.

• Qcmbr
    Qcmbr

I never understood where Eden went. Other than the flood there is no mention of Eden ever being destroyed or removed. Was the angel stuck there until the flood destroyed Eden or did that perfect place with an eternal tree naturally die off? Did the fruit of the tree ever propagate into a certain variety of fruit? Btw I recently found that if you plant an apple tree from apple pips you probably won't get an apple tree of the same type. To make an orchard of one variety you have to graft. Maybe the original tree of life was an apple tree and god made all apple trees produce different offspring to ensure that the tree of life didn't grow again later.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit