bible no other book

by bobld 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• bobld
    bobld

Many say,no other book in all history compares with it.

Widely owned book,one least read.People don't understand it.

It's wisdom unmatched,guide for all,brings peace,joy etc and a gift from god.

Yet you read Kings and Chronicles and you see EVIL rulers like Hiltler,Stalin.

Read Ruth..purchase a wife and land on the witnesses of removing a sandal.

Where do you get away with, a jew(god's people) marrying a gentile.

Try reading your kids a bedtime story from Revelation.

The R.C almost had it right when they burnt the bible,they didn't go far enough.

• cofty
    cofty

The R.C almost had it right when they burnt the bible, they didn't go far enough.

I disagree. One day the bible will have all the credibility of "Harry Potter" but it won't come about by burning books.

Apparently during WWI Winston Churchill passed time in the trenches by reading the bible for the first time. He was constantly laughing uproariously and sharing the most outrageous passages with his fellow officers.

I want everybody to read the bible for themsleves, every word of it. The best innoculation against the virus of religious belief is to be educated about its primary textbook.

• cantleave
    cantleave
    The best innoculation against the virus of religious belief is to be educated about its primary textbook.

• Knowsnothing
    Knowsnothing
    The R.C almost had it right when they burnt the bible,they didn't go far enough.

It needs to be preserved, as a relic from the past.

Apparently during WWI Winston Churchill passed time in the trenches by reading the bible for the first time. He was constantly laughing uproariously

and sharing the most outrageous passages with his fellow officers.

Cofty, I bet you that one about the daughters being whores and looking for men hung like donkies got a big belly-laugh from his fellow officers.

• cofty
    cofty

Churchill was an incredible character.

Apparently he would be reading quietly on his bunk in the trenches, chuckling away to himself and suddenly roar out things like "Wait until you hear this one. What an absolute bastard god is ..." and recount some tale from the Old Testament to the rest of them.

• glenster
    glenster

I'm fine as long as there isn't just one interpreter.

Churchill and God--even by the worst literal interpretation, prerogative makes
    a difference. If God owns everything, it's all fair game, but a human claiming
    to fight for God better have a solid case for defense otherwise or....

One phrase will do: the bombing of Dresden. See the articles at the next
    links:
    http://www.rense.com/general87/church.htm
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bombing_of_Dresden_in_World_War_II

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slaughterhouse-Five

• xtreemlyconfused17
    xtreemlyconfused17

''Try reading your kids a bedtime story from Revelation.'' HAAHAHAHAHAAH.

• glenster
    glenster

...or Slaughterhouse Five. No one can claim it's based on something strictly allegorical, either.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

BOBOLD:

I consider the bible to be of historical value and little more. But, that is just MY opinion. Let the rest of the world disagree.

• sizemik
    sizemik

The Bible came to life for political reasons . . . not spiritual.

. . . the very same reason it's still here and as popular as ever.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit