How Does One Get Into The GB?

by Cold Steel 30 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Cold Steel
    Cold Steel

If one wanted to get onto the governing body, how would one go about it? And who is currently the head of the GB? How often do occupancies arise?

Also, how does one become an Elder or other high official in the local church? Does each Kingdom Hall have a set number of Elders?

Finally, who is responsible for interpreting doctrine?

• lilbluekitty
    lilbluekitty

I don't know much about it except you have to "prove" that you're "annointed", you have to be "exemplary", a male of course , probably raised in or been in for a long time, know the right people, go to bethel, piosneer, etc.

To become an elder, I'm not sure, since I'm a woman, but I believe they appoint you, you can't ask for the appointment. Each congregation usually has somewhere around 5-7 elders, though I've heard of both more and less, I think it depends on how many people are in the congregation.

And finally, do you mean who makes the doctrines? That's the GB. Interpreting? Not sure what you mean. Again, I'm "just" a female so "what do I know." Grrrrr.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

First, they need to be partakers at the 'memorial'. According to The Watchtower (15 August 2011), such people may be affected by "A number of factors—including past religious beliefs or even mental or emotional imbalance", which make them believe that they "have the heavenly calling."

To become an 'elder', the existing 'elders' chat to the 'district overseer' and recommend 'qualified' 'ministerial servants' who are 'reaching out'. The 'district overseer' chats to others further up the hierarchy, and the upper eschalons decide whether to 'appoint' the new 'elder'.

• Cold Steel
    Cold Steel

How much power do Elders have in a Kingdom Hall? Do any Elders help their friends become Elders?

As for the Governing Body, who heads it up? Is there any one person who is the leader of the rest? As for proving one is anointed, how does a person do that? I can see where previous religious orientation might be a factor in...er...misleading a person into thinking they're anointed. And imbalanced people might also be a problem. But how would a person prove they're anointed? How are people supposed to "know"? Is it revealed to them in a mystical fashion?

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Hoover skills?

• MC RubberMallet
    MC RubberMallet

1) If one wanted to get onto the governing body, how would one go about it? 2) And who is currently the head of the GB? 3) How often do occupancies arise?

1) They have to be anointed. They work their way up like a hire-from-within corporation. What helps is being at bethel (headquarters) or being a traveling elder. You have to be in special full time service (working fot WTS full time) regardless. A person is then chosen to work in a department closely with current GB members. You have to be "tested as to fitness" first. Then once you prove yourself, you are chosen. No outsider knows the criteria though.

2) GB has a chairman. They all have equal authority in their respective departments, but the chairman makes finals decisions in case of emergencies and such.

3) They have ranged from 17 members to 7. Depends on how much authority they want/need spreaded out.

Also, how does one become an Elder or other high official in the local church? Does each Kingdom Hall have a set number of Elders?

Jeffro says...

To become an 'elder', the existing 'elders' chat to the 'district overseer' and recommend 'qualified' 'ministerial servants' who are 'reaching out'. The 'district overseer' chats to others further up the hierarchy, and the upper eschalons decide whether to 'appoint' the new 'elder'.

This is true, except replace district overseer with circuit overseer. A circuit overseer (traveling elder) makes rounds to each congregation.

Finally, who is responsible for interpreting doctrine?

Governing Body, although it has been noted they ask subordinates to research and write articles (such as Gene Smalley and other heavies). Then all GB has to do is approve the material written. How much time and effort to GB spend doing this? Read Ray Franz' book 'Crisis of Conscience'. They lead people to believe mistakes are God's way of unfolding his purpose, but it changes because they are regularly adding their own ideas and thoughts, which they have to admit is wrong when they have no other possible excuse.

How much power do Elders have in a Kingdom Hall? Do any Elders help their friends become Elders?

Depends. I've seen first hand elders get away with anything and everything. Traveling elders come around and give them a slap on the wrist or turn a blind eye. Other times, i've seen elders get deleted, assignments changed, and even seen an entire body of elders removed in one night. And yes, there is a buddy club involved.

As for the Governing Body, who heads it up? Is there any one person who is the leader of the rest?

Answered earlier in post.

As for proving one is anointed, how does a person do that? I can see where previous religious orientation might be a factor in...er...misleading a person into thinking they're anointed. And imbalanced people might also be a problem. But how would a person prove they're anointed? How are people supposed to "know"? Is it revealed to them in a mystical fashion?

They explain that if you don't know how this is done, you are obviously not anointed. To non - anointed, there is no visible or clear signs. They simply have to trust the anointed are not lying. The entire GB could be lying and no one else in the organization would know.

• Bubblegum Apotheosis
    Bubblegum Apotheosis

"Depends. I've seen first hand elders get away with anything and everything. Traveling elders come around and give them a slap on the wrist or turn a blind eye. Other times, i've seen elders get deleted, assignments changed, and even seen an entire body of elders removed in one night. And yes, there is a buddy club involved."

Elders have implicit power from their brothers and sisters , whether their sheep know it or not, it's comes expected! The role of Elder is suppose to be, or a claim is made, they are to be "servants" (to serve means to serve, not to be waited upon or served!) Jesus Christ said "The Son of Man came to serve man, not to be served" http://bible.cc/matthew/20-28.htm Review each of these parrallel Bible versions and ponder how often your elders behaved like Jesus Christ. *

There are many good elders who do their best to try to obey Jesus Christ, often they become depressed and sick, from the flack the sheep, other elders and middle management from the the Watchtower Society give them. It makes a grown man want to cry, when you find out good elders are being treated by dirt! Bullies exist and push their buddies into positions ( The appointments demanded by the Bully Elders, forces other BOE members to approve this new appointment, even if they feel it's a terrible idea. This will provide "a unified B.O.E." pretense, while ulcers run havoc on fine elder's stomachs), providing plenty of wine, business and ingratiating speech go along way at massaging dictator elder and T.O.'s egos!

These same qualities would apply to securing the position of Traveling Overseer and Governing Body Member, they are not going to want anyone who would think against the "Collective Borg", that's a one way ticket out, read "Frantz's Book" C.O.C.

" get on the good side of someone
    Synonyms: attract, blandish, brownnose, captivate, charm, crawl, flatter, get in with, grovel, hand a line, insinuate oneself, kowtow, play up to, seek favor, truckle
    Antonyms: deter, disgust, repel"
    http://thesaurus.com/browse/ingratiate

* "Main Entry: implicit  [im-plis-it] Show IPA
    Part of Speech: adjective
    Definition: included without question, inherent, absolute
    Synonyms: accurate, certain, complete, constant, constructive, contained, definite, entire, firm, fixed, full, implicative, implied, inarticulate, inevitable, inferential, inferred, latent, practical, steadfast, tacit, taken for granted, total, undeclared, understood, unexpressed, unhesitating, unqualified, unquestioned, unreserved, unsaid, unshakable, unspoken, unuttered, virtual, wholehearted
    Notes: implicit means implied though not directly expressed; explicit means precisely and clearly expressed
    Antonyms: explicit, specific

• theBGB
    theBGB

They explain that if you don't know how this is done, you are obviously not anointed. To non - anointed, there is no visible or clear signs. They simply have to trust the anointed are not lying. The entire GB could be lying and no one else in the organization would know.

...something smells fishy.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

Well in the GB making the statement that they have no way of determining the number of annointed, it certainly limits the competition.

In my observations, the GB are the world's only living heart and brain donars

• Bubblegum Apotheosis
    Bubblegum Apotheosis

@theBGB, you know how this game works too, anyone who has served, knows how twisted this process can be. To blame Jehovah for appointing pedophiles is the true "Blasphemy against the Holy Spirit!"!

@wha happen: The fastest growing segment percentage wise, is those partaking of the emblems, what a nightmare for a Organization that asserts it's the only way to please Jehovah God. All other religions fail the Watchtower's litmus test of being approved by Jehovah God, nobody promotes true worship or has been on the cutting-edge of accurate prophecy interpretation!

@MC "Its fishy" because the Apostles Paul and Barnabas, Apostle Charles Russell, Apostle Judge Rutherford, Knorr, Frantz, were not accepting of this "new light" that flickers from New York.

The evidence proves "Brothers Russell, Rutherford, Knorr" as well as many other men like Amburg would have disfellowshiped the current GB members for usurping their position of President.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit