Are the Watchtower HQ washing their hands of congregations?

by uk_ex_jw 29 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• JeffT
    JeffT

I've said it before and I'll say it again. They want to have their cake and eat it too.

- They want to claim hierarchical struture so they can own the properties and keep their cash cow real estate ponzi scheme going.

- They want to claim congregational type organization to avoid legal liability when Elders screw up, leaving them hanging out to dry.

It's no wonder they can't find people that want to serve.

I agree with this, but see a couple of huge problems for the WTBS. If push comes to shove a court may decide to forget what the paper trail looks like and hold the WTBS responsible anyway. And the elders are going to start figuring out that the society will hang them out to dry if it can. The end result will be no elders AND financial responisibility for what happens at the local level. As one of my accounting professors put it "the first rule of law is sue somebody with money."

• heathen
    heathen

Yah , one minute it's ,OBEY OBEY OR ELSE , the next it's ,well we really didn't say that , the 2 witness rule was started by some rogue in the church somewhere , exactly which elder guide book was being enforced by some roque elders in not known .- I guess they all burn the old ones so there's no evidence .

• baltar447
    baltar447

JeffT, I agree it's a precarious position to be in, and I hope they get sued into oblivion.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

well with the disconnect from the WT, the elders are on their own. The paper trail ends. I'm sure a lot of the changes in the last 20 years has to do with that age old agency issue. How to control the masses without the liability.

Look for less and less to be directed from NY. I understand that appointments in the cong, such as elders, MS, and pioneers are going to be on a much more local level. Almost like the Parishes in the Catholic church. A parish in Los Angeles can be sued, and not affect the parish adjacent to it. Nicely insulating Rome

• baltar447
    baltar447

Am I missing a thread regarding changing of the elder appointment process?

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

there was a change of the pioneer appointment process lately.

• baltar447
    baltar447

Ah, that's what I thought. I was wondering if there was a change about elders appointment that I hadn't heard about.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I have a buddy that flips me info every now and then. MOst of it is spot on. He's friends with the CO and just can't keep a secret. He was talking about a possible scenario such as a local brother who is not a CO, would oversee the elder bodies in the local area. Appoinments would be local, NY would just acknowledge the appointments. Any information of their past would be local. No more NY appointing elders with a history.

He wouldn't tell me if this was the end of the CO arrangement

• Kojack57
    Kojack57

W.H.: I heard that the regular co's were to train local brothers to become co's for each local area which would reduce the expenses to zero for the society.

It is a cost cutting measure. No more cars, car insurance, gas bills, health insurance, cost for lodging, ect. Keep it on the local level and save BIG. This transference is to come about 2014 if I'm not mistaken.

Kojack

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

Yep, and thus ends, the paper trail back to NY. I wonder what they are going to do with all these untrained an uneducated CO's who are at least in their 50's. How they going to make a living? The local pics won't have all those expenses, but mainly the medical liability that CO's provide.

Get ready for serious ass kissing of these local brothers who will serve in this capacity.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit