Are the Watchtower HQ washing their hands of congregations?

by uk_ex_jw 29 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• uk_ex_jw
    uk_ex_jw

It seems more and more from what I read that if there is problems in congregations (i.e. Paedophilia) the WTBTS are washing their hands of any wrongdoing and leaving the congregation and its Elder's to carry the can.

Is that how it is now?

• blond-moment
    blond-moment

Yes, I see that as well. Even letters to the elders are to that affect "handle it yourself, stop bugging us" It's just another way for the WT to remove itself from any accountablility. They got hit really hard with the pedophilia stuff, the legal issues in Australia, etc. This is a legal corporation, and they are pulling legal strings to protect themselves, screw the members. Nothing new really, just more in your face.

• Rob Crompton
    Rob Crompton

Interesting to see where this appears to be going - local control of the congregations and locally appointed elders? Then the Society can't be made to carry the can for any misdeeds in the congs. The only trouble with this is that it looks like heding back to the situation under Russell's presidency when all the ecclesias (congregations) were autonomous and responsible for their own affairs. Rutherford bullied his was into conrol and the final move was introducing central appointment of elders. And this reorganisation was so significant that the Society interpreted it as fulling the prophecy of the "cleansing of the sanctuary." (Daniel 8:13,14) Wonder how many faithful JWs will notice?

• designs
    designs

Own the land, own the building, dictate to the rank and file but have no responsibilities not a bad business plan

• Juan Viejo2
    Juan Viejo2

This definition conflicts with the [now] official position of the Society that it is just like the Catholic Church and everything is controlled "from the top down."

See http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/scandals/225582/1/Watchtower-admits-We-are-like-the-Catholic-Church

JV

• heathen
    heathen

looks like the change of making elders ,overseers, came shortly after the law suit . Amazing how the org. can find ways around accountablity when it comes to money . Didn't the overseers have to spend time at bethel and be dispatched by the GB or some sort of review panel ? Seems like higher education is only valued by them when it comes to lawyers .

• uk_ex_jw
    uk_ex_jw

^^^^^^^^This^^^^^^^^^^^^

Not forgetting they have employee's who work for free.

Not forgetting that they are exept from any tax laws.

Not forgetting that despite their charity status, they provide no help or financial support to their followers who fall on hard times.

Not forgetting they are building their own little paradise out in the sticks, selling property, all of this subsidised by the 7,000,000 Witlesses who have no share in this whatsoever..

How many other corporations can say this? The GB must be laughing at all of these gulliable idiots who are totally in awe of them.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

The elders are on their own when it comes to the legal paper trail. A few years back in Murrietta, the elders where ordered to testify as the judge in Ca, did not accept their, "clerical priviledge" and ordered the elders to testify. Thw WT did not to attempt an intervention.

I've seen other interviews of elders in court, and they are for the most part on their own. No training

• baltar447
    baltar447

I've said it before and I'll say it again. They want to have their cake and eat it too.

- They want to claim hierarchical struture so they can own the properties and keep their cash cow real estate ponzi scheme going.

- They want to claim congregational type organization to avoid legal liability when Elders screw up, leaving them hanging out to dry.

It's no wonder they can't find people that want to serve.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I think there are enough ex elders here that can confirm how exposed, elders are, and how little training they get

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit