Baptisms decreased critical 26.9% in Mexico

by Gayle 49 Replies latest jw friends

• Gayle
    Gayle

For 2011, JWs in Mexico had the lowest baptism number in years, a critical 26.9% decrease from 2010. Something is going there!?

• designs
    designs

People want bang for their buck, when you change your religion you want something of value to replace it. Leaving Catholicism to a Protestant brand and then finding you are on just another treadmill well the word gets out. I wonder how many in Mexico identify as non-religious or agnostic these days.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

After their big run-up, I would expect it to slow even more. All the suckers that were going to become witlesses already did, and many are starting to ask questions. Hey, it's the Age of Questioning Everything Aquarius--what more can they expect?

• sir82
    sir82

Worldwide, baptisms are trending downward. I didn't realize it was so severe in Mexico.

Doesn't bode well for the WTS. Mexico is either no. 2 or no. 3 on the list of "most publishers". Growth has always been above the norm there, as many people have a love for the Bible but may be frustrated with the Catholic church.

• Gayle
    Gayle

Brazil (3rd of highest # of JWs) baptisms steadily decreasing since 2007.

Peru baptisms in 2011 dropped 49.5% from 2010!

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Lets give the Mexicans credit. They probably said "Overlap generation, WTF is that?"

Also, the U.S. based organization spent so much effort manipulating numbers to get fake positive growth there that they didn't have any time to figure another strategy for fake growth in Mexico.

• mind blown
    mind blown

the supa highway and technology. I'm sure there's more computers in Latin households these days=exposing liars+overlap gen xxx+anointed increase+etc etc etc......

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Thanks Gayle, you are a bringer of the Good News !

I remember when Japan was "ever increasing", that bubble burst, it seems as though the S.A bubble is bursting now. Good.

• La Falta Habitacion Por Sr Hor-Hey!!
    La Falta Habitacion Por Sr Hor-Hey!!

Countries like Peru, Mexico, and Japan place heavy emphasis on familial ties, and I wonder how much word of mouth regarding shunning has played a role into declining baptisms and growth.

• baltar447
    baltar447

You could be right ser hor-hey.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit