The "TRVTH" may not set you Free

by Amazing 22 Replies latest jw friends

• aChristian
    aChristian

Seedy,

You wrote: What you believe is not based on any "Factual" evidence, it strictly based on "Faith" and faith alone.

Baloney. As I pointed out earlier, many Christians have come to believe that the God of the Bible created our universe only after much study of the Bible, ancient history and modern science. They compared many historical and scientific facts with the contents of scripture and became convinced that the Bible, human history and our physical universe must have all been designed by the same Designer. These Christians became believers due in large part to factual evidence.

Now I cannot deny that others interpret the same facts differently, saying that the things which proved to these Christians that the God of the Bible created our universe do not convince them that He did so. However, that does not mean that factual evidence did not play an important part in the conversion of these Christians. The truth is that some people are convinced by some factual evidence and other people are not. Take the OJ jury for example. The facts presented at that trial did not convince the jury of his guilt. However, that does not mean that the evidence that was presented to them was not factual.

People sometimes disagree on what is a fact and what is not. At times people who agree that certain things are facts will interpret those facts differently, and by so doing arrive at different conclusions. But it is neither fair nor accurate to say that their conclusions were not all at least to some degree influenced by "factual evidence."

• Yadira Angelini
    Yadira Angelini

Amazing,

I wish you come up with some answers before this year ends. Your postings of the series about your coming out were excellent.. and the guy you went with to your trip, (the Christian) passed you some love you couldn't refuse or feel.. WHO DO YOU THINK IT WAS, BUT JESUS. We need you as a whole in this forum; take your time, but hurry up. Your book needs to be printed and I buy one and tell others to get one.. go after the "epiloge" as your "mastermind".

• cellomould
    cellomould
    You live in a dark, dark world, fella.

In which world do you live, fella?

What you should have said is this: 'You live in a brilliant and wonderful world. Why do you continue to perceive darkness?'

But we all see your moral bankruptcy... You are unwilling to share your spot in the warm light for fear someone may find out that it's actually not so warm and not so light.

cellomould

"In other words, your God is the warden of a prison where the only prisoner is your God." Jose Saramago, The Gospel According to Jesus Christ

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit