Let's talk music!

by BreathoftheIndianNose 16 Replies latest jw friends

• BreathoftheIndianNose
    BreathoftheIndianNose

What is your favorite band/artist right now? What music do we need to know about?

Frank Ocean is my addiction right now. Check out the song Voodoo just to get started.

Indianonthesurface

• James Brown
    James Brown

Frank zappa

• HillaryJean
    HillaryJean

Katatonia's (from Sweden) latest album "Night is the new Day" is a great heavy rock album.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=moZwgUex4aA

• Queequeg
    Queequeg

Balkan Beat Box

Tomer Yosef

Palenke Soul Tribe

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

you are what u iz

• tootired2care
    tootired2care

Ulrich Schnauss - I just discovered his stuff like 2 months ago, and now i'm hooked, I ended up buying all 7 of his albums! It's great music for mind focus and escaping reality at the same time if that makes any sense.

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Andrew Bird

Paul Weller

• flipper
    flipper

I've been going through a Ben Harper phase as of recently . I listen to a whole slew of bands on my CD's when I drive long hours to work. The Doors, Led Zeppelin, Beatles, Dave Matthews, Gary Moore, Pink Floyd, David Gilmour, Bob Marley......... List goes on and on. I love rock & roll, blues, and Reggae mostly. Lots of fantastic musicians out there

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I tend to go more by periods than bands, but I must say I have a liking for the Jacksons (including Michael Jackson), Led Zeppelin (the ones I was most afraid of as a witless), The Rolling Stones (particularly their more Satanic songs), The Doors, some of the Eagles (particularly Hotel California), and many of the disco bands. My tastes run pretty much across the board in pop, rock, R&B, funk, disco, rap, and so on. Including quite a few one-hit wonder bands from the late 1960s through the 1980s.

• La Falta Habitacion Por Sr Hor-Hey!!
    La Falta Habitacion Por Sr Hor-Hey!!
    What is your favorite band/artist right now? What music do we need to know about?
    Frank Ocean is my addiction right now. Check out the song Voodoo just to get started.
    Indianonthesurface

I tried to get into Frank Ocean based on word of mouth, and I downloaded Ultra last year but it just didn't do anything for me. I'm gonna give it another listen as he does have a great voice, but the music just didn't do anything for me at the time. Thanks for posting this though as I've been meaning to give him another crack.

I've been really listening to Kendrick Lamar lately, his track, The Recipe is heroin to the ears. I'm dying to hear Nas' new album too as I love his track The Don.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit