Why posts from trolls (nanana) are helpful

by carla 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• carla
    carla

The recent troll nananana (whatever) is helpful to show non jw's the real jw mentality and what will be required should one join up. Develop a nasty intolerant attitude to all who are not involved in the cult, hope and pray for all their deaths, call all who have left (even those who have been physically or sexually abused) 'mentally diseased' and so on.

The rare jw discussions I have with my jw these days, even he is disgusted by the trolls attitudes and how they give jah a bad name. Don't the trolls think of that when they post?! My jw is torn between believing they are 'real' jw's because in his mind no 'real' jw would ever come to these types of boards. He is still naive in my opinion of jw's, he just hasn't personally been burned yet I guess.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

I agree. If they are non JW's just here to stir things up or if they are JWs it only goes to put the WBT$ in bad light.

Well done to nananana (how many na's?), to bringing well deserved reproach on the name of the watchtower(TM) and their brand name god.

I suspect nananana is some arrogant young teenager who is hasn't been screwed over by the WBT$ yet. Probably some kid who's Dad is a materialistic elder and pioneer Mum used to take them out to the back to slap their arse if they so much as moved at the meeting.

Still a GRAND unwitness.

Heap that reproach on the WBT$........it's all good stuff and entertaining to boot!

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

I do agree they prodie a service. As much as I don't like them I see their value. For anyone considering getting involved they can be a great innoculation against the JWs. And it provides a glimpse into just how nonsensical their beliefs are.

• wasblind
    wasblind

So true LL,

The literature left by the witnessess goin' D2D

is fuel for the fire, they have no idea how they contribute to this site

Their time and gas is not wasted

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

They do bring up arguments that appear reasonable to a JW, but perhaps to a person on the fence, or a study, they seem a bit disconnected with, reality. So as annoying as they can be, I think in the end, some valid arguments do get through and they eventually fade off

• talesin
    talesin

Agreed.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

They're like Gollum from LOTR or Craig Toomey from The Langoliers, annoying but necessary.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

JW Trolls or JW Apologists are welcome here as far as I am concerned, for the above reasons. The Troll types are shown up for what they are, and the sincere Apologists show up the JW doctrines as being either false or totally laughable or both.

A Valuable Public Service in my view.

Mind you a "sincere" apologist is hard to find, have you noticed how over the years, once their position has been shown to be untenable, they start by not answering the awkward questions, and then quickly disappear ?

Where do they go ? Back to JW La La Land ? that must be painfull to the soul once the Truth about the "DA Troof" has been presented to you.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

True, I was going to say that I rarely find one that isn't acting in the manner, that they accuse apostates of doing. The non-sensical comments, deception of facts, and straw man arguments are what is par for the course. I have yet to see a person come on board, and make their argument using facts. It rarely gets past the name calling

• Londo111
    Londo111

Djeggnog left the 607 thread just when the conversation was getting good...then vanished. He helped keep the topic going...I noticed he had nothing to say about the Society's misquotes of scholars and their research. He said he was posting for the benefit of lurkers. He perhaps doesn't know how much he helped them...just not in the way he expected.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit