People are turning away from Babylon the Great?

by TheStumbler 15 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Fernando
    Fernando

Hey TheStumbler!

I wonder how your family member would respond to these questions and genuine observations:

"When, how and why did the Watchtower abandon its position that ALL religion is a snare and a racket?"

"What is 'legalism' and its exact opposite?"

"What was the nature of the Pharisees 'experiment that failed' and what do we learn from it?"

• TheStumbler
    TheStumbler

I'm afriad I don't really understand the significance of those questions. But I think I have seen those same questions mentioned before.

I have asked what I considered 'stumper' questions before and all I got was evasive answers that did not answer the question, the promise that they'd look into it (but then never did), or a glazed over expression and pretty much just ignoring what I was saying.

I am so curious. Some of my family seem so zealous. They never even express even the smallest of doubts and are impervious to logic and evidence. I think this is because they want to believe. They are stuck in a loop of circular reasoning and I sometimes think if I think could just break one part of that loop the rest would crumble. But finding that weak spot seems impossible. I also have to balance critical questions with the wish to maintain good family relations. It is very frustrating.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I wonder if people are turning away from the Washtowel faster than from other religions. As the Age of Aquarius drew nearer, people did in fact start questioning other religions. For many, the witlesses offered an alternative. But, as we get closer, people are seeing that the witlesses are no better (and are, in fact, even worse) than regular church. Many are now turning to Islam, again seeking some alternative. In a few years, I am expecting quite a few of them to realize that Islam is almost as bad as Christi-SCAM-ity, and they will abandon that too. By then, the tide out of the Washtowel will be even worse.

The only major religions that I see growing during the next 100 years are the left-hand path religions. As people realize that Jehovah and Allah are all rubbish, they will start asking questions. Many will see Satan as the one that tried to save mankind and Jehovah (or Allah) that stopped him from being successful. Satan, not Jesus, will then be seen as our Savior. Once that becomes mainstream (and yes, we are already seeing the first signs of that happening), the right-hand path religions will not stand a chance. Babylon the Great, in its entirety, will then be gone.

And, hopefully, Jehovah and his filthy angels bound. Satan and his beautiful demons, on the other hand, shall be released and allowed to remain free forever.

• Nambo
    Nambo

You are obviously holding fast to Watchtower doctrines then if you belive Babylon the Great is Christendom and False Religion.

Is it the bit where the Merchants of the Earth weep and mourn becasue nobody buys Christmas cards afetr the fall that convinced you?

Now unless Jesus has a common insult that he uses on anybody he doesnt like, you can identify BTG from Jesus words to the Jewish leaders of Jerusalem in Matthew 23 where he accuses them of baring the blood of all those slain on the Earth, with Revelation 18, the last verse where it says BTG has the blood of all those slain on the Earth and the Prophets.

"Jerusalem, Jerusalem, the one who killed the Prophets", not, Rome Rome the one who killed the prophets.

I work in government, I can assure you religion does not any longer "rule over the kings of the Earth" and it probably hasnt done since the Middle Ages.

You know who rules Government?, Jewish banking, Barroness Tonge in the HOuse of LOrds for instance said, Both the Labour Party and the Conservatives are ruled by Israel"

Why do you think all our wars at the moment benifit Israel whilst they put us further into debt?

Jewish Banking, Rothschild said, give me control over the issue of a nations money, it matters not who makes the rules.

The whole worlds in massive debt, who do you think the worlds in debt to?, Martians? No, the international Zionist bankers, and they have the money to buy and to crash governments.

Revelation 18, which talks about economic collapse, makes far more sense now if it involves the demise of world banking.

I could go on about every other identification of BTG, being a Whore for instance, did you read all the scriptures in the OT where Israel and Judah are described as a Whore?

I will stop.

• Fernando
    Fernando

Hey TheStumbler!

Those are the big guns for those seriously addicted to religion, as you say "impervious to logic and evidence".

These big guns helped one man who had reached the top in the WBTS eventually take a principled stand and give up everything he'd worked for including the security of a position on the GB.

Fortunately it seems he left notes behind in the Watchtower library which will be read by those searching the quoted phrases.

A potentially useful strategy may be to get a JW to teach you what "legalism" and its exact opposite are. One might keep asking clarifying questions and acting very interested but waiting for them to help you get it - until you see in their eyes that they actually get it. One might even apply pressure: "I think the reason I can't understand what you're trying to explain to me, is that you yourself do not understand in your heart of hearts. That is sad. I am dissappointed. I really hope you can do something about this."

• TheStumbler
    TheStumbler

Nambo,

I think you have misunderstood my point. My point is that Revelations is symbolic enough and vague enough that it could be interpreted to apply to, or prophecise, events at pretty much any point in history. And in fact this is what has happened.

My argument that Babylon the Great might represent America was only an exercise to demonstrate the point. I don't actually believe this.

I am not holding fast to Watchtower doctrines. I'm actually an athiest. sorry for the confusion.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit