What was the best thing the WT did [for you]?

by fadinfast 14 Replies latest jw friends

• fadinfast
    fadinfast

For me it was putting in the FM at the assemblies, now I could listen to interesting things like the cricket, footy, fishing, news, even music [if I kept the volume down] without looking suspicious, instead of all that..... sure you know the story. FF

• Disillusioned Lost-Lamb
    Disillusioned Lost-Lamb

Teach me how to look out for assholes!

• ziddina
    ziddina

Thanks to the Watchtower Corporation, I received intimate, first-hand knowledge of the manipulative, vicious, petty, vindictive behavior within a destructive cult...

I'm now hyper-sensitised; nowadays, I can smell a cult from a LONG way off...

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

I learned to think to fight against their thought repression.

Also, I guess it did sort of help with public speaking.

• charlie brown jr.
    charlie brown jr.

Helped learn a Lanugage for free..........

I had someone get the Mags in that Lanugage and since they were free............

Once I left I wondered........... lot's of quotes from people so I could learn lots of phrases.....

And it Worked!!! Except I had to read those HORRRIBLE ARTICLES!!!!!

Poor Sister knew I hated the Truth....... yet deep down I could tell.............

She thought Jah would touch my heart!

Nope Jah got me Laid LOL

• blondie
  • umadevi
    umadevi

My English improved ....

• biometrics
    biometrics

I would say reading skills. However the lack of crictical thinking was a big trade-off.

• blondie
    blondie

That's like saying because my pedophile father provided food that it was worth being sexually abused. I know there are better ways to find food. The WTS gave me nothing except abuse and if anything "positive" came out of my time in the WTS, it was not worth the abuse.

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Well, I guess they gave me something to do for the second half of my life: FIGURE OUT HOW IN THE FUCK DID I EVER FALL FOR THAT BULLSHIT!

I will make it my (remaining) life's work.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit