All you that have left

by maccauk11 23 Replies latest jw friends

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

Hi Loz! How's life over the pond today? :)

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

It's good here Poopsie ....I am about 1000 words away from graduation with summer to look forward to....happy days! You? X

Loz x

• Zordino
    Zordino

Maccauk11, Lets see.......... I have my sanity left, my health, my peace of mind, and spirituality in my own way. What I know for sure though is my understanding that anyone who spew's out Drivel Like Jesus.. Jesus, Jesus , just changed from one Cult to another Cult.

Sorry but I am much happier where I am now. I'm Ok with the fact that no one knows all of the answer's. Do you need certainty in the Metaphysical to be happy? I personally used to feel the same way. Now, I'm happy to be a good person and contribute to my society in a healthy and more interactive way. If there is a Higher Power, I know that is what they/it would want anyway no matter what religion/non religion or race I am.

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

awwww Loz, that's great!

I'm enjoying a lazy Sunday without a meeting in sight to have to put clothes on for. :)

• Heaven
    Heaven

It's Macca

Over here on the other side of the pond it could be pronounced cawck. Just sayin'.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Why not accept Allah?

• cantleave
    cantleave

LWT Allah is nothing - Even Allah will be touched by the FSM's noodly appendage.

Maccuk - Me and Jebuz had a falling out - He didn't see my point of view, he was wrong, and I have rejected him.

• tootired2care
    tootired2care

You know... I kept sending thoughts, inquires, questions to the high command and in all those years I never heard a peep back. In most cultures that is considered to be very rude!

• designs
    designs

Perry converted another one, nice going Mr. P..

• Morbidzbaby
    Morbidzbaby

I came here as a JW who was questioning. To be honest, none of the posts here offened me. I was looking for TRUTH and found it, no matter what package it came in. I appreciated reading the "Hey, wake up Dumbass!" kicks to the critical thinking part of my brain. Some people need that in order to wake up.

If a person can't handle a few chides here and there that aren't even directed at them personally, but at an organization (let's face it, JW's make fun of other religions. Don't tell me they don't, I've been in car groups where the brothers and sisters will make fun of the beliefs of the person whose home they just came from), then they aren't ready to exit. If a person is TRULY ready, they will either disregard the sarcasm, or they'll think it's funny themselves. If they take it to heart, then they aren't ready to find out the real truth. Truth hurts sometimes. Truth can be brutal and difficult to swallow. Sometimes it causes us to look at ourselves in a less than flattering light. It takes maturity to accept that and make necessary changes. If a person can't accept that, then they aren't mature and they pretty much can't handle the truth.

As for finding Jesus...well, good for you. I like the Where's Waldo? puzzles, myself. I've found him a BUNCH of times. I hate when they put other things in the picture that have red and white stripes, though. Confuses the hell out of me sometimes...

I don't believe in Jesus as a deity, a supernatural being, a resurrected prophet, a messiah, or whatever it is your particular belief system deems him to be (I mean, they all view him so differently, how the hell do you choose?). A large part of me doubts he ever even existed, as his life story is a mirror of many "gods" who came before him. So I tend to think it's just a new religion that cropped up and "robbed from the rich to give to the poor".

That said, you're entitled to your beliefs. You're entitled to speak about them. However, I am entitled to speak about how I feel about the Watchtower and to counter religious arguments with reasoning and critical thinking. That's what makes this board so great. There are lots of different opinions, but lots of people band together to support one another whether they're religious or atheist. If we want to be snarky about the Watchtower and the mindless drones who run it and adhere to it, we're entitled. As I said, if someone is truly searching, no amount of sarcasm will keep them from finding out the truth.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit