Bomb at Bethel

by Marvin Shilmer 14 Replies latest jw friends

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

Bomb at Bethel

Today I posted a new article to my blog about a bomb exploded at Watchtower’s headquarters.

My article is titled Bomb at Bethel and is available at: http://marvinshilmer.blogspot.com/2012/05/bomb-at-bethel.html

Marvin Shilmer

http://marvinshilmer.blogspot.com

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

really 1974? Just wish you had mentionned this was an old story

• wunce_wuz
    wunce_wuz

I remember that device going off. Woke me up. The "bang" echoed amongst the buildings. Made for conversation at the breakfast table.

• compound complex
    compound complex

This reminds me of what happened in the early 1970s, as I recall, to the new brick building across from 124 Columbia Heights.

While eating breakfast, we were startled by a clap of thunder that was followed by an explosion. Lightning had struck the stylized watchtower atop the building's facade.

Bricks were everywhere ...

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

Seems like God wasn't very good at protecting his own house.

• Bubblegum Apotheosis
    Bubblegum Apotheosis

@Ladylee I dig you, I wish I could have known you, my sister, in our Kingdom Hall days!!!! I could have used your help to smack a few good for nothing bags of wind. Thanks for warning it's an old article, I thought it was going to explode today or tomorrow.

@Marvin, do you know how to read ancient Greek and Hebrew?

• factfinder
    factfinder

Interesting article.

It says the bomb exploded at the 8 story building at 25 columbia hts. This is a 13 story building.

Back in 1974 it had several smaller bldgs attached to it on Vine Street. the bomb must have gone off in one of these smaller buildings.

It is nostalgic for me- the society tore down those buildings in 1979 to put up the 11 story office bldg they connected to the 25 bldg.

I remember hearing about a pipe bomb damaging the Iron gates of the 117 Col hts building and another one at 117 Adams street in the 80's.

No Bethelites were hurt.

• steve2
    steve2
    really 1974? Just wish you had mentionned this was an old story

I agree with Lady Lee. There's eye-catching and there's eye-catching and misleading.

• williamhconley
  • williamhconley

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit