I never thought I would

by Kool Jo 22 Replies latest jw experiences

• Kool Jo
    Kool Jo

Well.....what can I say...after lurking and much research and eventual signing up on this forum...I filled out my FS report for April with average hours and magazines, but I never went out in the ministry.

It feels odd, and I feel bad for filling out time that I knew I never did...I hate the idea of going out to people's door and telling them a lie...not sure how much longer I can do this for

Just had to vent!

Peace

Kool Jo

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Congratulations on approaching a new point in your life. If there is the slightest guilt, remember that your "ministry" is personal. It isbwhatever you make of it. You can include time spent better educating yourself and you can "count" any time spent doing good for other people.

• Gayle
    Gayle

I suspect a lot of hours are reported this way,,or a lot of hours were actually at the coffee shop, or hours of 'soft knocking' that householders can't even hear.

• Kool Jo
    Kool Jo

@OnTheWayOut: Thanks for the encouragement...my fade will take longer than expected, but I'm working with what I've got...

@Gayle: There was a local needs part about brothers/sisters spending most of the morning at Starbucks! I really think that some folks don't really like to do FS, but have to for whatever reasons.

Kool Jo

• blond-moment
    blond-moment

I honestly think if they were to remove the shunning policy, there would be a mass exodus (which is exactly why they can't remove that vileness). I think there are way more than we think, just going thru the motions.

• Momma-Tossed-Me
    Momma-Tossed-Me

ditto - blond moment

• clarity
    clarity

Kool Jo ...........

" much longer I can do this for "

>

When your stomach rolls & clenches once again ...knowing what's coming up at the end of the month ..

and you finally decide that these guys are not going to make a liar out you!!!

Answer your question??

clarity

• Kool Jo
    Kool Jo

You're correct, some of the folks just go thru the motions so as not to be bothered by the elders or have any problems with other family members...

• flipper
    flipper

KOOL JO- Just fade however you feel you need to do it. We understand. We are here as friends for you if you ever need to talk

• Rob Crompton
    Rob Crompton

Interesting comments about folk just going through the motions. I've noticed for a few years now that whenver I see JWs out in FS they walk so slowly that they are almost at a standstill. Is this widespread or is it just a local thing?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit