Exit Strategy - My plan to leave

by FrankWTower 34 Replies latest jw friends

• j dubb
    j dubb

where does he say he will be mooching off his parents? I didn't even see his age in this post.

he also didn't say he would be pretending to be a witness during this time.

• moshe
    moshe

- Well, we will find out soon enough whether he is living on his own-

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Moshe - It is interesting to see how many people approve of a plan that calls for a adult son to mooch off his parents for 8 years, all the while while pretending to be a JW in order to get something that he would not be entitled to by being a truthful person. I know I wouldn't be a happy parent once I discovered I had been deceived and my financial assets had been purloined by means of trickery. Eight years worth of deceit to your parents? Pulling that off takes a lot of gall. Here is another enlightened JW who needs to man it up and go join the military.

Hi Moshe, How do you know that FrankWTower? If FrankWTower would be mooching off his parents, he could probably get a degree in the 4-5 years by going to college full-time.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• ziddina
    ziddina

Moshe, you know I love ya, man, but I just re-read the OP and nowhere in there does he state that he'll be living with his parents for the time it will take to obtain his degree...

As J Dubb - whoops!! A Bible Student stated, if he WERE "mooching off of his parents", then it would probably only take FOUR years to get his degree.

By the way, J Dubb, welcome to the board!!!

dragon welcome wth a rose

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

And starting at community college is a lot cheaper. It sounds like you've already given this a lot of thought. Know and plan your finances through the entire process.

Make friends, but don't be in too much of a hurry about finding a girl. They tend to require time and money, two things which are in short supply when you're a student.

• 00DAD
    00DAD

FrankWTower: It's impossible to leave with my dignity in tact

Gotta' disagree with you here Frank!

Leaving something you know is false is the most dignified thing you can do!

Go live that life you have ahead of you, as you so aptly said, "it's damn well worth it!"

• rebel8
    rebel8

I don't see the info about him living with his parents or even remaining a jw while he's in school. Was that mentioned in a different thread or something?

Going back to school as a non-JW

^That would seem to indicate he's not going to be a dub during college?

• maccauk11
    maccauk11

Dont plan just do it. Rely on the Lord to set you free.

• FrankWTower
    FrankWTower

@moshe,

I was going to reply to your post and clarify some details I left out of my plan, but I decided not to since I prefer not to give too many personal details away.

Suffice it to say that some of your conclusions are based on assumptions you cooked up from thin air.

The language on your post leads me to think that you are a troll. And you know what they say abou trolls? "Don't feed the trolls."

• ziddina
    ziddina
    "The language on your post leads me to think that you are a troll..." FrankWTower, above

Hah!! No, Moshe's not a troll; he's just a grumpy guy who thinks EVERYBODY who has "awakened", should just jump up and leave...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit