JW Careers - Meter Reading??

by rrb2016 20 Replies latest jw friends

• ThomasCovenant
    ThomasCovenant

Re 'pinstriping' thanks that's what I thought it was [go faster stripes] but never heard of it in relation to a 'career' for Witnesses, or anyone else for that matter.

• Disillusioned Lost-Lamb
    Disillusioned Lost-Lamb

They do anything that does not require too much time, specialization, expertise, attention, detail or ethic.

• okage
    okage

lmao @Mr. Falcon My wife's mother (a df'd JW) does the tupperware, tastefully simple things. She also does avon and some company that sells non-stick pots and pans. Anything to make a buck. She chastizes me for having an advanced computer education then asks any of her friends if they want a bowl shaped like a banana. Should I really wonder which end of the stick I got?

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

The worst are the ones where a local JW owns a business and has all the young dudes working for them.... Until guaranteed hilarity and arguments erupt...

• Shawn10538
    Shawn10538

I was a meter reader for several years here in so cal. And yes I did know a lot of JWs doing it.

• Shawn10538
    Shawn10538

my brothers did pinstriping for many years. I used to help them in the summer. They had a company located in Fresno called CarTeem. Lots of JWs did it. Just like mowing lawns, pool cleaning, janitorial, window washing... I have done ALL of the things I just mentioned. ALL of them.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

This is JW pinstriping:

This is exJW pinstriping:

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Oh, and popular JW career locally? ... disability

• ZeusRocks
    ZeusRocks

Locally here, house cleaning, office cleaning and working as a carer in a nursing home.
    Also working in retail, mainly the younger ones.

• Scott77
    Scott77

Forgive my ignorance, but what is 'pinstriping'?
    ThomasCovenant

Here is your answer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rOaEhMHe3jo&feature=fvsr

Scott77

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit