Why evolution will win (and is winning already)

by JonathanH 9 Replies latest jw friends

• JonathanH
    JonathanH

http://youtu.be/l-ilMYc5xdQ

That video gets to the heart of the reason (can't remember how to embed, so if somebody else wants to, then great, more people will watch it.)

The reason evolution has a hard time getting traction in some countries is strictly a religious one. There are no shortage of graphs showing the correlation between a nation's religiousity and its acceptance of evolution. But evidence is evidence, and sooner or later it becomes undeniable to all except the most delusional. So as more science popularizers put forth the case for evolution and show all of the evidence in its favor, how do fundementalist religious people get around the uncomfortable fact that it's becoming more and more apparent that evolution is true?

By renaming it. Evolution is a no no, but variation driven by natural selection to the point of generating new species over a successive number of generations? Well of course that happens. The above video points to Kent Hovind's new views of evol....variation within a "kind," but even the society has taken the same approach. Their latest anti-evolution magazines (which are a few years old now) perform the exact same side step. Stating that "adaptation" (not natural selection) can produce variation (not evolution) that may even lead to reproductive barriers (not speciation), but the bible says all things were made according to their kind, but the bible doesn't state what a kind specifically is...soo.....yeah they just leave it at that.

Creationists so link the theory of evolution with the destruction of their biblical mythology that they can't possibly accept it, but are perfectly willing to accept every aspect of it leading right into a grey fuzzy area where the bible isn't specific about exactly what god made, but he totally did it. Which sounds an awful lot like liberal christians version of evolution. So really creationists are gradually beginning to admit that evolution is true, they just can't call it evolution because that's what godless heathens believe in. Ironically the biggest thing that creationists object to is abiogenesis, which isn't even a part of the theory of evolution. So they will just call it "variation" for now. Give it some time and we'll just start slipping "evolution" into their vocabulary.

http://i.chzbgr.com/completestore/12/5/2/5qGqWZW0SUKWpnuifYo21g2.jpg

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Evolution will win (defined as being the majority belief) in the long run because it is true and truth will be more and more abundant.

The majority no longer believe the earth is flat or at the center of the universe with the sun going around it.
    The majority of people with any decent education already believe most of what evolution teaches.

But here's the video embedded:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-ilMYc5xdQ&feature=youtu.be

• botchtowersociety
    botchtowersociety

That which is true wins in the end.

• JonathanH
    JonathanH

Thanks OTWO for embedding.

• Londo111
    Londo111

Most Christians believe in evolution. The fundamentalists are another story…

• garyneal
    garyneal

My wife is even beginning to accept it after seeing a video about it in her biology class. Brother Hero on the other hand...

• ziddina
    ziddina

Hee hee!

Great video; great thread!

Thanks, Jonathan H!

• James Brown
    James Brown

From the begining of history, Sumer, the epic of Gilgamesh, it can be seen that their is evolution

and creation. The Gods mated with the creatures and made man on earth.

And when I say mated, I mean in a test tube.

So you got evolution and you have creation.

Read the Slave species of God.

I didn't believe in evolution for 55 of my 60 years. Now I see the possibility and probability.

It seems the Gods are immortal and we are not.

• cantleave
    cantleave

I love Potholer!

• cantleave
    cantleave

I love Potholer!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit