Is the average Jehovah`s Witness judgemental ?You tow the line you get blessed ,if you dont get blessed you must be doing something wrong.

by smiddy 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Joe Grundy
    Joe Grundy

This is not a JW story, it was Plymouth Brethren (but the mindset is/was not so different).

About 50 years ago I was told by my grandmother of a woman who had died suddenly and quite young. Her arms dropped off because she was knitting on a Sunday.

True? No, of course not, but my grandmother believed it - or at least would not question it (she wasn't the sharpest knife in the drawer). My mother would probably not have believed it - IF she ever allowed herself to think about it rationally. Such is the power of indoctrination by fundamentalism/cults.

In the PB 'Gospel Hall' I attended/was dragged to as a very young child was a painted banner across the wall 'God is Love'. Well, the one preached there wasn't and the over-riding feeling was of a malevolent super-being who watched everything (a la Orwell's '1984' Big Brother) who was ready to strike with plague, afflictions or death without prior notice or without necessarily explaining which particular regulation might have been transgressed.

Back to the point of the thread - toe the line you survive and may get benefits (a space in a parking lot?!), break a rule you may have been unaware of and you get to suffer. JWs and other fundies are not so different in that way.

• Bubblegum Apotheosis
    Bubblegum Apotheosis

Fernando, was this one of Ray's last attempts to expose the irony of it all the the average dubs?

Grundy, we had a book "Paradise Lost" that scared the hell out of me as a child. The books older witnesses put into their kids minds, we breed drone bees to do the work for the Hive. The Governing Body would love to figure out how a bee colony works, the first part of the bees life, it's used to clean the hive, not thinking but cleaning, second half, the bee is sent out on a never ending nectar gathering work, work work work! No identity, just buzzing around looking for the low hanging flowers (householder at home, who keeps a magazine) while feeling a form of blissfull depression.

If the "good brothers" developed the same chemicals that make the these winged drones work till death, think of all the mindless drivers buzzing through town, everyday! everyday is field service day! No questions asked by the drone swarm of dubs!

• jemba
    jemba

Stay home from the meeting and the roof caves in killing you.... Shoulda been at the meeting under Gods protection.

Out preaching, car load of Witnesses killed by a car running a red light....where was god then?

They make up stories to prove their theories right.

When will they realise that a loving God is not going to help sell Bro Righteous house in record time and let some poor heathen child die in the gutter.

To think that they believe this crap... they must really think they are special and above everyone else for God to give them their stupid insignificant blessings.

• jemba
    jemba

Stay home from the meeting and the roof caves in killing you.... Shoulda been at the meeting under Gods protection.

Out preaching, car load of Witnesses killed by a car running a red light....where was god then?

They make up stories to prove their theories right.

When will they realise that a loving God is not going to help sell Bro Righteous house in record time and let some poor heathen child die in the gutter.

To think that they believe this crap... they must really think they are special and above everyone else for God to give them their stupid insignificant blessings.

• Fernando
    Fernando

It certainly reads that way, at least to me, Bubblegum Apotheosis.

Another is:

*** g79 6/8 p. 28 Why the Emphasis on Christian Freedom? ***
    legalism ... constitutes a denial of Christian faith.

which reads like a summary of ISOCF.

• smiddy
    smiddy

Thanks guys for those comments",the secret sin" syndrome was rife in a few cong`s iwas in

smiddy

• Bubblegum Apotheosis
    Bubblegum Apotheosis

Judgemental people are usually the most miserable!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit