Is the average Jehovah`s Witness judgemental ?You tow the line you get blessed ,if you dont get blessed you must be doing something wrong.

by smiddy 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• smiddy
    smiddy

It was another thread that prompted me to start this one , not appropiate for the former thread. And it`s because the WT often promotes that Jehovah/Jesus protects and looks after his loyal followers ,that when something adverse occurs , the suspicion/judgement is "Oh they must have been doing something wrong that nobody knew about, but you cant hide it from Jehovah."mentality. have you ever come across this ? I`m sure you have.

smiddy

• Bubblegum Apotheosis
    Bubblegum Apotheosis

If something bad happened to you, while staying at home from "meeting night", of course you asked for it! While working for your family, you drive out of town, and crash on Sunday, "its your fault for not attending meetings!" The story about the family who stayed at home on meeting night, and was robbed, or their kid was hit by a car, those are for a reason! To generate judgemental fears and force you to attend meetings with Ebola or crutzfeld jacobs diease!

We are trained to "know them by their fruits" judge from infantcy, groomed to avoid reasoning against the faulty, flip-flop, fly-by-night teachings of the Slave, meanwhile we are to pressure our friends into highest performance each month!

I am guilty as charged, you know I look back and feel shame, driving through the nice areas of town with brothers and sisters chirping "I am going to live in that house when the Big A hits!" As a child, I thought "Moses or Aaron, Enoch or Noah, don't they get first choice?" this was not a nice thing to do, it was to close too coveting my neighboors home. Maybe I am wrong?

• shepherd
    shepherd

Of course. The announcement that someone has left the Org. does not state the reason, so what people don't know they make up. If someone leaves because they have a problem believing the JW doctrines, they must be spiritually weak, having lost God's Holy Spirit because of some secret sin. Or they have become proud and self-seeking. It's too much for their brain to accept that it may just be they don't believe.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I remember an x CO relating a story about the migraines he started to suffer, for no apparent reason. One day they hit him and he still suffers from them to this day. Well in the 1st year he was trying to figure out what was wrong with himself. He had to have most of his assignments moved to other brothers. One elder appraoched him and asked if there was a secret sin he wanted to confess. I could tell it still annoyed him when he told the story. People in the audience sighed and groaned because of how it was presented, but honestly, I beleive anyone one of them would have thought the same, Secret sin

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

In our area, Jehovah was heavily involved in MLS real estate.

If you were trying to sell your house and it didn't sell in a miraculous amount of time, the question always came up "Did you pray about it?"

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

Damn I knew I hired the wrong agent. I need brother holy spirit, the local broker to sell my home.

• Bubblegum Apotheosis
    Bubblegum Apotheosis

@wha happened "Sigh, Arg, Ouch!" this is the madness our young ones are going to have to endure? "Secret sin you want to confess" it's so pandemic, it hurts to laugh!

"Illness equals secret sin!" Not smiling at every meeting equals "Finding fault", standing up frequently by brother "Nerve Pain, Spinal Pain" during meetings, equals disrespect against the speaker and Meeting.

Sister calling to check on elderly parents or young child during meeting "Warning Sign, who is she talking to? "Why don't she respect the meal prepared by the Slave?"

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

Sick, isn't it?

No wonder I couldn't understand why JW's didn't behave reasonably.

They can't. It's in the programmed Borg feed they get from the hive.

• Fernando
    Fernando

*** w80 5/1 pp. 6-7 Learning from an Experiment That Failed ***

Excessive attention to minute regulations had a harmful effect. It led to the belief that becoming righteous in God’s eyes was merely a matter of carrying out prescribed religious and charitable deeds. Each good deed was believed to earn “merit” with God, whereas every bad act would incur “debt.” Supposedly, God would one day make a tally of the record of merits and debts to determine whether a person was righteous or wicked.

The teaching about earning merit and favor with God by good deeds caused many Pharisees to become self-righteous and condemnatory of others. A parable of Jesus with reference to “some who trusted in themselves that they were righteous and who considered the rest as nothing” states...

(This article possibly written by Ray Franz).

• Fernando
    Fernando

The notion of running a self-righteous "merits" versus "debts" accounting system with God is debunked here too:

The Good-O-Meter >

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XrLzYw6ULYw

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit