Facelift of one of the best graphics we have

by RayPublisher 17 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Here's another thought on this subject:

There are only five or six people still alive on earth at this very moment that are of old enough to be part of the "generation" as was taught in the '80s . (See: List of the verified oldest people).

I can't confirm it, but I doubt any of them are JWs. Either way, it won't be long before all of them are dead, all of them.

• RayPublisher
    RayPublisher

@ Aussie Oz - You said " I see no need to be all ''apologetic and respectful'' in naming these people. In past incarnations of this image and naming nobody called them idiots or anything as far as i recall. Just the facts...they are dead,"

I wasn't consciously trying to be "P.C." but maybe I was, IDK. Many folks feel it is disrespectful to speak badly of the dead, or smear a person's reputation. I don't wish to cause any pain to those that may have known or loved these people. It has nothing to do with them being "JWs", it's just part of what many feel is the right thing to do I suppose. My beef is not with them, just the dictatorial controlling corporation that printed the false prophecy and used them.

It doesn't feel right to me to be calling all these people that have passed away names or besmirching their memory. I'm not saying that's what you were doing, I'm just explaining the reasoning behind the wording of the old one (IMO), and the updated one too.

@ Bucholz - Great idea. Send me the text in Spanish and I'll re-generate the graphic and post it.

• Disillusioned Lost-Lamb
    Disillusioned Lost-Lamb

Thank you, this is real evidence of THEIR failed prophecies.

• undercover
    undercover

Yes, much improved.

This magazine cover is my go to when pressed on why I have issues with the organization. The main doctrine of the Jehovah's Witnesses religion for 60 plus years...the 1914 generation teaching is summed up in one magazine cover. The magazine announcing God's kingdom and touted as his earthly channel of communication clearly shows a false prophecy. It failed. The people who would not pass away are dead.

This failed teaching alone should be enough to prove that the WTS does not have any kind of special pathway to "truth". Anyone who can actually defend the WTS after seeing the evidence of this failed teaching is delusional, pure and simple.

• 00DAD
    00DAD

DLL, you're wrong. Their prophecies were correct. It was Jehovah that failed to deliver and you that had wrong understanding/expectations.

Now please go and repent.

• RayPublisher
    RayPublisher

The current GB needed an update too- I found this one to be the best floating around IMO.

GB 2012

• blindnomore
    blindnomore

Thank you RayPublisher.

• Heaven
    Heaven

Everyone in my family born on or before 1914 is dead. Every single one of them.

And, as a matter of fact, only 1 family member from the 1920s is still alive. But he is ailing and I doubt he will live another 10 years although I suspect he will see the year 2014. He has no idea what the JWs are talking about anymore though.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit