Why did Satan want to kill Jesus?

by FaithfulBrother 40 Replies latest watchtower bible

• tec
    tec

Couple of reasons I can think of.

First, we don't know that Satan wanted to kill Jesus. He might just have wanted to 'break' him. To have him deny God, or curse God, or deny the people He was sent to save; or to get him to hate those people instead of love and show mercy. That is more up his alley, isn't it? Having one of his closest brothers betray him would be a good way to accomplish that. Having his own people (Israel) deny Him is another, listening instead to lies over the truth.

Second, how do we know that Satan even knew all that God would bring about? Even Christ did not know everything about what God planned to do.

Peace,

tammy

• mP
    mP

Satan is not bad, satan is different but not bad.

The only bad thing Satan is responsible for are the deaths of Jobs children and family. On the other hand the "good" Jehovah himself kills several millions and im not evn including the flood.

• Fernando
    Fernando

Could blind hatred, jealousy, envy and fury have made him sabotage himself much like his children the Pharisees?

If you could lay your hands on the 100-page book "Two Trees" by Robert Ingleson, it is likely one of the best on planet earth for a behind the scenes insight.

He writes with tremendous humility and tremendous depth of insight, describing the book as a fictional account since it is largely based on his insights as a Christian.

http://www.abebooks.co.uk/products/isbn/9781858639635?afn_sr=para¶_l=90

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

Every good fairytale needs a villian and a hero....cue Satan and Jesus

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR

" Every good fairytale needs a villian and a hero."

Excellent observation.

It's all explained pictorially in The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe. Also Up the Far Away Tree and Alice through the Looking Glass are excellent reference books.

• designs
    designs

'Pleased to meet you, did you get my naaame'

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

The Far Away Tree - was that series by edith blyton (moonface & fanny were a couple of the charactors) Man I loved those books!!!! Always wanted to climb a tree like that as a kid - at the very top there would be different lands/islands. So freaking cool.

Got me so excited - got to go and dig out them old books just for a smile.

• sir82
    sir82

Read the "Gospel of Judas" - it answers all your questions.

• Lore
    Lore

Even with all the centuries of theology building and bible study. . . Satan's motivations seem pretty poorly fleshed out.

"Because he's evil" is the default answer for: "Why would Satan do that?"

That really only works for really crappy childrens fiction.

If you ask: Why did Scar kill Mufasa? (spoilers :P) The answer is: Because he wanted to become king and he thought he had a good shot at it if Mufasa was dead.

If you ask: Why did Jafar steal the lamp? The answer is: Because he wanted phenominal cosmic power, and he thought he could use the Genie to get it.

If you ask: Why did Satan start World War I as soon as he was cast from heaven if that's exactly what god wanted done to fulfill prophecy? The answer: 'Because he's evil', just doesn't even work.

• James Brown
    James Brown

For sometime I have thought God and Satin are the same person just as God and Jesus are the same

person, they are part of our educational, maturing team on this journey.

God is in control and everything else is just a prop to display this control.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit