Why did Satan want to kill Jesus?

by FaithfulBrother 40 Replies latest watchtower bible

• FaithfulBrother
    FaithfulBrother

Why would Satan have wanted to kill Jesus if Jesus' death would defeat Satan and save mankind? Why would Satan enter Judas at the Last Supper and get Judas to betray Jesus, leading him to his death, if this death is what defeated Satan?

• JonathanH
    JonathanH

because satan is bad, mmkay?

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Conflict = Drama

Drama is essential to good storytelling ... well, either that or a great punchline!

• FaithfulBrother
    FaithfulBrother

because satan is bad, mmkay?

But The death of Jesus was supposed to be good. That's how were forgiven from the sin that Satan originally introduced into the world.

• Knowsnothing
    Knowsnothing

I get what you mean, FaithfulBrother. Essentially, wouldn't Satan know the prophecy set forth in the Garden of Eden?

It doesn't make sense. Satan sabotaged himself.

Well, when looking at these myths, how can you expect them to make sense.

• FaithfulBrother
    FaithfulBrother

Maybe Satan didn't get it and then when Jesus was resurrected, Satan was like, "Wtf!!! You tricked me!!! Now I'm defeated. Noooooooooo!!!!!!!"

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Why was Judas the bad guy, when without him betraying Jesus there wouldn't have been the sacrifice?

Could it be that you are attempting to treat this collection of ancient writings with more credence than they deserve?

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

He just hated Jesus. Growing up Jesus always got the good toys and all the praise. Jesus always got better grades and won all the games. His teachers used to always compare him to his older perfect brother, Jesus. He was just blinded---blinded by revenge. He couldn't take it anymore. He just SNAPPED! I mean, how much can a guy take? Jesus this and Jesus that---Jesus, Jesus, Jesus!

NC

• tootired2care
    tootired2care

Because Jesus waiting to long to tell Satan - Satan I'm your faaaaaaatttttttheeeeeeer!!!! Sorry on my third glass of wine here

• FaithfulBrother
    FaithfulBrother

Because Jesus waiting to long to tell Satan - Satan I'm your faaaaaaatttttttheeeeeeer!!!! Sorry on my third glass of wine here

Technically that's true since Jesus was the firstborn of creation and through him all the rest of creation was made.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit