Do you eat blood?

by laverite 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• laverite
    laverite

Abstaining from blood is somewhat trickier for JWs than I might have imagined. Meat glue is apparently widely in use, and it is made from the blood products from a variety of animals. I never heard of meat glue before today.

Oh my.

http://news.yahoo.com/video/pittsburghwtae-28863332/is-your-prime-steak-held-together-by-meat-glue-29102062.html

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

yea I saw that. Not so much for the use of blood, because unless u are vegan, u eat blood. I was kinda blown away by the smaller scraps of a cust being glued together and presented as a large healthy cut. Not what I want to see if I'm paying $50-$100 for my filet

• Glander
    Glander

As a carnivore I'm sure I must. But, I am not a big fan of the iron, organy taste of blood. I do enjoy liver, though.

• Low-Key Lysmith
    Low-Key Lysmith

When I was in Scotland & N Ireland, there was black pudding available at every breakfast. Some was better than others, but overall, not bad.

• blond-moment
    blond-moment

It's just the clotting agent from blood....it's just a fraction, JWs will be safe.

I like my steak, just walk it thru a warm room, rare. so I guess I eat blood, haha.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

Blond u had me at "walk it through a warm room". I used to say, "Wipe it's ass and throw it on the plate

• puffthedragon
    puffthedragon

I hunt some of my own food. JW's that know me ALWAYS ask if I bled the meat properly. I ask them if they ask their butcher the same question.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

well if u don't, u are unclean until sundown. According to that book they read. What's it called? oh yea, the bible

• NOLAW
    NOLAW

As a dog that respects its name I abstain from eating such s***. Only juicy bones!

NOLAW

• ZeusRocks
    ZeusRocks

Well, when I cut myself I take a little swig.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit