Higher Education: JW's view just one more reason to alienate others

by 00DAD 13 Replies latest watchtower bible

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

This is another way to alienate witlesses from each other. Such as alienating one group that has a hard line approach to the music (because some scumbag wanted them to be hard line) from others who are more liberal. This rubbish applies with everything from pious-sneering to materialism, and I am not surprised that higher education is among these issues used to drive opportunities away from witlesses. And not just job opportunities, either. People tend to be rejected socially when pushing hard line beliefs--it is genuinely annoying to be hounded with a hard line approach about these things.

• smiddy
    smiddy

OODAD

?? Can you tell us what your father thinks of Jehovah`s Witnesses now ? Sorry I need things spelled out.

smiddy

• Disillusioned Lost-Lamb
    Disillusioned Lost-Lamb

Your father's words of that day were probably:

Cult, nut-jobs, really? and WTF!!!

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Well, I don't know exactly what my dad is thinking because he and I don't communicate very well. But I do know he is frustrated because he wants his grandson to get an education. He's also used to getting his own way.

However, I talked to my son's teacher today and shared the "Satan, the master of deception, has made the pursuit of higher education dangerous for a Christian" quote with her and she was shocked. She knew JWs were anti-college but didn't know why or the details.

00DAD

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit