How Will They Keep JW Youths In?

by minimus 47 Replies latest jw friends

• extractor
    extractor

Yes, there is extra-curricular time for marching band. I don't program Christmas or religious music, mostly just because of them. We have to do the National Anthem at games but the JW kids just don't participate and that's fine. The KH is small and half the families in it have band kids. They all did it last school year but someone must have handed down an edict because the band is full of "bad associations", also known as the best kids in the school.

One young man is my favorite kid I've ever taught (20 years). We were actually friends. He used to say he was going to college to study music. Two years ago his entire family joined the WT now he's dropping out his senior year, might not go to college, and completly ignores me because I go to church, er I'm sorry, Babylon the Great (TM). It's the saddest thing I've ever seen. All of these kids love my class but in 10 days I may never see any of them again. I hope someday I will.

Any advice that won't get me fired?

• flipper
    flipper

" How will they keep JW youths in ? " They won't and for the most part, they haven't. It's been brought out by studies that 66 % of born-in JW's exit the cult by the time of adulthood. Not a very good retention rate. I see it as a diminishing cult in the next 30 years due to not retaining the youth

• flipper
    flipper

" How will they keep JW youths in ? " They won't and for the most part, they haven't. It's been brought out by studies that 66 % of born-in JW's exit the cult by the time of adulthood. Not a very good retention rate. I see it as a diminishing cult in the next 30 years due to not retaining the youth

• Zordino
    Zordino

By keeping them in a mental prison ofcourse!

• zeb
    zeb

At one of the last conventions i went to i saw a little girl be baptised she was no older than 9. and we dont do child baptism do we.?

• Blind_Of_Lies
    Blind_Of_Lies

extractor-

Would you get in trouble if you pulled him aside and encouraged him to do research on Google about the JW's? He needs too before he commits or does not commit to college.

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

saw this on FB thought id share

link

• 00DAD
    00DAD

They won't! Yeah!!!

According to a recent Pew Forum: Jehovah's Witnesses have the lowest retention rate of any religious tradition. Only 37% of all those who say they were raised as Jehovah's Witnesses still identify themselves as Jehovah's Witnesses.

Must be because no one want's to be part of "The Happiest People on Earth"

Duh

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit