GIVE more Money to the WTBTS

by RagingBull 22 Replies latest jw friends

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

This is a complete waste of your money. If I had the money to throw away on the Worldwide Pedophile Defense Fund, I would rather put the money aside on things I could actually use. Perhaps getting rid of one energy waster light bulb and getting an LED bulb--which would save energy and the expense of blown light bulbs. Getting a single silver dime is a good idea if you have the money to donate on the witlesses--and keep the dime. Get better quality appliances (put the money you would have donated toward upgrading something you were already going to purchase, and get better quality that lasts longer or does a better job). Or, just save it in case you need it.

This is as true with all religions. They all milk people out of money they need for themselves or could use it to improve their lives. (And, oddly, save money in the long run.) The big difference is that the witlesses proudly claim that they don't do it, then they go right ahead and do it anyways. Hypocrisy always makes the offense that much worse.

• cedars
    cedars

I think you can expect this type of talk to be given on an increasingly frequent basis as the money dries up.

I'm just glad I didn't give that much to the Society while I was still "in", even though I often felt guilt-tripped into doing so. If you have money to spare, you're far better off donating it to a PROPER charity, one that actually benefits people.

Cedars

• mP
    mP

has the WTS ever given a public display of just how much funds they receive and in turn spend on the public preaching work ? Given Gilead is gone and so on, how exactly can they even attempt to say they are spending the money on preaching ?

• Sic Semper Tyrannis
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

I feel tempted to walk into a KH, order a lot of literature, and then place "two coins of little value" into the donation box. What a disgrace. It's almost like they are implicitly acknowledging that most Witnesses have little means, and that they shouldn't assume that whatever few rich members will pick up the slack. This is probably the only 'non-profit' organization on the planet that would set up shop in a place like Darfur and have the nerve to place a donation box in plain view.

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury
    Donations: We can show our appreciation for the convention arrangements by making voluntary contributions to the worldwide work at the convention. Any checks should be made payable to "Christian Congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses." Beginning this year all conventions will accept debit/credit card donations in addition to cash and checks.

I thought the WWW (world wide work) was a seperate entity, we had a box specifically for that, so why are checks made payable to CCJWs?

It could be they are the same thing, but i'm curious....

• designs
    designs

My last check to the Wt. was with a letter stating I wanted it only used for food aid, they sent back a letter saying it was being put into the general fund.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

LYNNIE:

I am so sorry your mom said this. How can any parent (in any religion) not want to give an inheritance to their own flesh and blood? Unless their child committed such terrible crimes or was evil. It is downright unnatural. Even the bible encourages parents to give an inheritance to their children!

If anybody said this to ME, I would tell them to make sure the religion is going to be there for THEM in their old age.

• Disillusioned Lost-Lamb
    Disillusioned Lost-Lamb

Ugh, if God really is all-powerful and JW really is his chosen org. then why in the hell do they need more money? That is unless they really are a for profit publishing corporation hiding under a religious non-profit status.

Parts like this always made me want to donate less; in fact they're so effective in helping me see the profitable donation station money train that I quit "giving" altogether. (It's not like I donated much before, I'm a born-in in my thirties and I don't think I've contributed more than $500 in my entire life, and that's still too much!)

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

if God really is all-powerful and JW really is his chosen org. then why in the hell do they need more money?

* BARF ALERT * God honors us with the privilege of giving ... to a multinational publishing craporation

• panhandlegirl
    panhandlegirl

My mother always gave the money she got from "placing" the mag/books back to the KH. I never really gave to the KH. I always figured they had enough

money. I needed my money for my children, besides we all spent alot of money on gas going out in service all the time.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit