Need help

by 1visitor 16 Replies latest jw friends

• Kool Jo
    Kool Jo

Hey there....I'm a current JW (physically) and would be happy to assist in your research paper...there's so much to talk about...anything specific you'd like to cover on your research, will you doing a survey to make graphs ect???

• brokethechain
    brokethechain

Welcome, Need Help!

I'd love to answer your questions! I'm a JW, although I no longer believe the dogma nor do I practice the religion.

It's been interesting for me to compare the thought process of those that are in and those that leave.

Feel free to fire your questions away!

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Hi 1visitor, Welcom to the JWN. Have you visited www.jwfacts.com? The information on jwfacts seems to be factual without being sensational. The administrator of jwfacts is a former JW. The follwoing link is to a phamplet for understanding the fundamentals of being a Jehovah's Witness: www.jwfacts.com/watchtower/pamphlet.php .

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• thecrushed
    thecrushed

I'm also a current JW although I also have awakened to the lies of the religion.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Welcome to JWN, and please excuse the inside joke I'll be sharing with older forum members:

I'm writing a paper on JW for my religion class, and I was thought it would be nice to have input from current or previous members.

Ah, where's Andre when you need him? LOL!

Bold is mine.

But seriously, why not interview exjws first and ask them for examples of Watch Tower beliefs, doctrine, and practices as described in Lifton's Eight Criteria for Thought Control? http://www.cultrecover.com/pdfs/lifton8criteria.pdf

Then, if current jws will talk to you, interview them and ask how the examples given by ex-jws aren't true. It could be the focus of your paper.

• cantleave
    cantleave

All you need to know is on www.JWFacts.com

• diamondiiz
    diamondiiz

jw have forum but they are under lock and key. You need special information to be allowed to participate. That alone should tell you what kind of mindset jws are.

jwfacts has all the info you'll need for your paper but if there is anything specific, simply ask.

Basically, it's been started of by Russell who got a lot of teachings from Second Adventists and got dates from Nelson Barbour (a Millerite). After his death in 1916 Rutherford hijacked the corporation, and came up with new dates, and began to throw away Russell's teachings. Rutherford was the father of jws mentality. Those who followed build on Rutherford's cultist ideas to where they are today.

Old information is not talked about so new ones (99%) don't know the past teachings
    When discovered, the issues are simply dismissed that those were old "light"
    You question too much, you'll get kicked out and jws will shun you - they claim you're making divisions because you're questioning the leadership

A lot of things are done as long as the elders (local leaders) don't know, if you report average number each month for preaching work you're "great" in their book which leads to "promotions". JWs have typicall two personalities, normal self and cult self. You can talk to them and not know they are jws until you say something against jws or wts their cult personal takes over and you can't reason with them since their response is that anything negative is from satan as in "not true", or lies by apostates (ex members)

A lot of us who left the cult have lost entire jw families and all jw friends while many who no longer believe but are afraid of losing loved ones contiue to endure the cult routine to keep close to the families - this includes siblings, parents, children, etc.

What exactly is your paper on, as religion is a very broad topic and jw beliefs may taake more than others al within 130 year span since their beliefs are ever changing.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit