'Apostate' or something better???

by Latte 31 Replies latest jw friends

• Latte
    Latte

Dear all,

I desperately feel that the grand title of ‘Apostate’ applies no more to ex JW’s than it does to the whole of ‘active’ JW’s.

Therefore, I am asking for some sort of alternative title for the wonderful people who post on here. The word APOSTATE strikes FEAR in the average dub. If we managed to agree on a new appealing title then this would help remove the stigma attached to anyone who has left, and the usual rumours of “I think they have become apostate”
    Oh!…..I hate that word!

I don’t know if it would make a difference…..I’d just like to drop this horrid word apostate.

Ideas anyone??

Latte

• Mister Biggs
    Mister Biggs

Latte-

Everytime I peruse the mall, the name of the store 'Aeropostale' always reminds me of the word Apostate.

I like Aeropostale.

• morrisamb
    morrisamb

my personal ones are
    Post-Witness

Life after God

• Fredhall
    Fredhall

Latte,

As you know the word apostate doesn't fear me. If anyone what to rebel against Jehovah and his people then they have every right to do it. However, I don't think they have a good cause of doing it, but that is up to each individual.

• Latte
    Latte

Mr Biggs,

Yeah....I kinda like 'Aeropostale'too!

Morrisamb,

I am looking to have a 'T' shirt made with the new chosen logo on. I had thought of something like 'Exodus' as that is what is happening...loads of people leaving, though somehow I don't think it would sound right when posting! lol

There must be some title worthy of us???

Thanks

Latte

• Dutchy
    Dutchy

I think that the term "Apostate" used on this site is used somewhat flippantly. You know, the WBTS calls us Apostate and means it as someone bad, someone to be shunned. But we adopt it and turn its meaning around to something positive and something to be desired. Actually, I'm proud to be "Apostate." However, I know how you feel. Before I understood it I also was offended by the term. Not any more though.

• Latte
    Latte

Fred,

It certainly used to put FEAR in me!

The W/T writers twisted the scriptures to suit their own agenda....how sad can you get??

Latte

• morrisamb
    morrisamb

Even though I left in '85, I see my life as a Genesis, beginning. I absolutely hate APOSTATE. It in no way defines me and anyway, like I'm going to let someone else define me!
    Hope you find a name that works for you...

• Fredhall
    Fredhall

Latte,

Actually the word apostate makes me laugh.

• Latte
    Latte

Fred darling.....that's because you really and truly......love us all to bits!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit