I can't believe I used to do this 3 times a week!

by serenitynow! 22 Replies latest jw friends

• ZeusRocks
    ZeusRocks

You said it. Just the thought of entering a kingdom hall and sitting through some pathetic talk makes me shudder.
    Since leaving it's made me realise how stupid they keep everyone with their talks and infantile articles in the watchtower and awake.

• mrquik
    mrquik

You guys missed all the fun in the 50's. Sunday meetings were a full 2 hrs. with a 15 minute intermission. Who remembers the book study of the "Babylon" book. Now that was a real snoozer. The book was as big as a Bible. The questions came in their own little book. Ahh the good old days.....

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I remember the Isaiah study. That was mind numbing

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

15 minute intermission? That must have been back when JWs could smoke.

• freeintime
  • freeintime
    freeintime

I remember the intermission when I was a kid, I'm not quite 40.

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

I thought your implied invitation was revoked last time you went?

Troublemaker.

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

Lol, Wannabefree! No I'm still welcome in most JW establishments. Although, since I was running so late, I had to go to the closest 3:30 meeting, which was at my father's hall where I am very well known, and not well liked by the elder body. I hate the brother who did the WT, and he knows it, so there was no chance of me being called on. I'm sure they were glad all I did was text and not make a scene.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

well girl, if they know u and saw u texting, they figured u were there for that article. I can't imagine every JW there doesn't see it for what it is.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

We owe Serenity a foot massage! you are a strong woman!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit