pickles

by Cygnus 26 Replies latest jw friends

• Cygnus
    Cygnus

What is your favorite kind of pickle?

And, do pickles go bad if you open the container and don't refrigerate them?

• Mister Biggs
    Mister Biggs

I don't know the answer to your 2nd question.
    But, ahhhh...yes, the Claussen pickle is certainly a fine pickle.
    The McDonald's cheeseburger pickle may be the worst ever.
    Why does McDonald's put mustard on their cheesebugers?

• Latte
    Latte

Cygnus,

Interesting question.

I really like sweet pickles, the only problem is, is that they are sweetened with tons of sugar....which is really no good for my diet! lol The other night I spilt the vinegar, wiped it up later (slob that I am) and found that it was really sticky form all the sugar. Uugghh!

Latte

• puppylove
    puppylove

Bread and butter pickles! Yummy

• larc
    larc

Home made dill pickles with lots of garlic are my favorite. When I was a kid, I used to make a sandwich with white bread, dill pickles, and mayonase. Don't like sweat pickles or sweat pickle relish - has to be dill pickle relish.

• mommy
    mommy

Dill Pickles Lots of them now haha. Actually my cravings are equally divided betweeen peaches, and pickles(and salt and vinegar chips do in a crunch) They do not go bad if you don't refrigerate, but they get "soft" so they are not as good IMO. We had a camp in the woods and we kept many food items there, because we were there so often. Pickles was one of the staples and also one of the favorites.
    wendy

• Smoldering Wick
    Smoldering Wick

favorite pickle: Mini Dill Pickles
    Full sour dill taste in a mini pickle size. Same as the full-sized, full sour, but in a tiny pickle.

i think pickles will eventually go bad...but, they aren't as crisp if they stay out...so put em back in the fridge, why take a chance on a bad pickle?

DEEP FRIED DILL PICKLES

1 cup all-purpose flour
    1/4 cup cornstarch
    1 tsp. baking powder
    1/4 tsp. salt
    1 cup ice water
    1 egg yolk
    2 tablespoons Full Sour Dill Pickle brine
    4 cups drained Full Sour Dill Pickles, sliced into 1/4-inch thick medallions
    Vegetable oil for frying
    Stir flour, cornstarch, baking powder and salt into large bowl. Make a well in centre; add water, egg yolk and pickle juice, all at once. Stir with wire whisk to make a smooth batter. Cover bowl and refrigerate for 30 minutes.

Heat at least 2 inches of oil in deep fryer or large saucepan to 375ºF. In batches, dip pickle slices in the batter to coat evenly and lightly. Fry without crowding in hot oil until golden and crisp, 1-1/2 to 2 minutes. Drain on paper towels and serve at once.
    Makes about 8 servings as an appetizer or side dish.

• seedy3
    seedy3

Hmmmmmm an interesting sounding recipe Smoldering Wick, I copied it into my recipe program for a try at a later date.

• LDH
    LDH

I LOVE pickles, I always have!

Kosher Dill
    Half Sours

are my favorite.

I will try the pickle recipe!

Lisa

• Smoldering Wick
    Smoldering Wick
    When I was a kid, I used to make a sandwich with white bread, dill pickles, and mayonase. -larc

lol larc, that brought back memories. When I was small...we were too poor for pickles or bologna. We made sandwiches outta white bread & mayonnaise (don't know where we got the mayonnaise). I was told that if I closed my eyes while I was eating my mayonnaise sandwich...I could taste the baloney.

Wick
    (poor white bread class)

"When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realized that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me." Emo Philips

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit