A missing husband or wife.

by thomyorke 11 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• steve2
    steve2

Trust a repressed JW to think up all sorts of weird and extreme scenarios that could potentially annul a marriage.

Closely related, many JWs came up with questions about the details of living on earth forever that were unintentionally laugh out loud in their arch seriousness. For example, I recall a JW in good-standing who wondered whether we would still need airline pilots in the new system because for the first few hundred years there'd probably still be expanses of water separating land masses. A sister who was fiercely vegetarian got into lots of arguments with brothers and sisters because she adamantly maintained that perfect mankind would not eat meat. Another brother apparently wrote a letter to the brothers in Brooklyn because he thought it was unchristian for JWs to allow their children to overly pamper their pets and hold services for them when they died (as children do). I don't know whether he got a reply - but the petty-mindedness of JWs serious concerns endlessly fascinated me.

• harleybear
    harleybear

I thought when the croked you were free. I think that is why my Mom chose to die to be rid of my father.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit