A missing husband or wife.

by thomyorke 11 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• thomyorke
    thomyorke

Do you remember, in which "Reader's question" was an article about cases, when a husband officially declared as a missing?

(Probably he is dead or captured by Somali pirates...)

I remember, that article was very strange- there was stated that it would be possible to make a divorce...

But if such missed person will "ressurect", this couple must get married again!

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

So many films have revolved around this theme. After seven years, the spouse is declared dead and the stay at home spouse finally rebuilds a life. Of course, they still love the missing spouse more than the new one. Suddenly, after seven years, the missing spouse returns and wants the former life back.

It is nauseating. Not very creative.

• JWOP
    JWOP

So, if my husband went missing, and after seven years I remarried, and then my missing hubby showed up.... I'd have to annul my current marriage?

• thecrushed
    thecrushed

gimmie a break why are we even discussing this!? oh wait its the watchtower mental institution.

• thomyorke
    thomyorke

-So, if my husband went missing, and after seven years I remarried, and then my missing hubby showed up.... I'd have to annul my current marriage?-

Yes, that is Society's opinion (from early 1960)...

But i can't find that article((

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Most of the secular stories (maybe written primarily for young woman), the wife is so deeply in love still with the first husband. She marries for security or a father figure for a child. The story is how she chooses.

Recently, though, I've read many where the second H is the great love, the first H gets jealous and murders W and H2.

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

Thank God I don't have to deal with these kind of stupid questions anymore.

• the_raisin
    the_raisin

Oh my glob, this is a horryfing thought actually!!! Creepy, wouldn't surprise me if there are some brothers or sisters who think constantly about this stuff....

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

But if such missed person will "resurrect", this couple must get married again!

No limits to the stupidity of the religion.......really

• JRK
    JRK

Another case of the GB pulling nuggets out of their ass.

JK

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit