guilt tripping isn't working!

by thecrushed 29 Replies latest jw experiences

• thecrushed
    thecrushed

whahappened I've had the same thing happen to me. No one calls accept the elders to be nosy and I usually let it go to voice mail and then erase it. 2 weeks after spilling the beans to my wife she has convinced herself I was just having a little bipolar fit. One day the elders are going to force my hand and the sh**t will hit the fan. The Jahooba mafia at my hall doesn't like people fading. They will come to your work constantly and upset my boss because they distract me from my work. My dad has started to drill on me about the meetings and attempt to guilt trip me but only succeeds in pissing me off. I'm still in limbo with whether I can eventually turn my wife and hopefully with time I can accept the consequences and have courage to stand up. I want them to know that I'm happy outside of the "cult" though. I'm trying my best not to become bitter.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

well that particular "friend" my SIL was refering to are a couple that we used to hang out with. When we left that cong, word got out that I had an "attitude", not to mention the recently appointed PO at that time, was the brother of an elder from my previous congregation, where they were trying to dig up dirt to df me. Other elders came to my aid. I know they thought they had a 2nd bite at the apple to df me. I slipped out before it got stupid.

So this couple wanted to continue to associatte with us, but I knew they were getting pressure because the husband was an MS. Other people had recently left the cong, some were df'd. We would bump into this couple from time to time and it was the same story, "Nice to see u and we should get together." I always said the same thing to make a point to my wife. "Sounds great, give us a call, we're open the next few weekends." And then, nothing.

I never really cared to because the last few conversations were stilted at best. I'm not involved in the cong at all so it was mostly a conversation of the past. Boring

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

thecrushed:

I am glad you are doing well "outside" the religion. Oftentimes, certain people (born-ins especially) don't do well outside the religion.

Very often certain JWs don't know how to live in the outside world. They don't know how to behave and end up with problems. These problems are the result of unwise living, NOT missing meetings in a religious organization.

• zoiks
    zoiks

Of course you're not doing well. Satan has simply tricked you into thinking you're happy

A relative of mine who is DF'd and is doing very well, had a visit from another relative to "encourage" her. The relative went inside, looked around at the beautiful home and surroundings, and said, "Well, it looks like Satan is taking good care of you."

To them, you're never doing well unless you're at the KH. They have strange definitions of "good", "well", and "happy".

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

An older Witness couple who had just moved here from anothe state used to stop by and talk to my wife who is also a fader. One Saturday morning my wife was gone and they stopped by the house. We spoke for a few minutes.

They say that I was wearing my old police academy PT t-shirt and asked if I was I was a police officer. I responded "Yes."

"Well, then you must notice how the world is becoming worse and worse, every day."

"No. I have seen some horrible things, but, statistically speaking, violent crime has been on the decline over the years."

They were stunned. As nature abhors a vacuum they quickly filled the gap with, "Well, I'm sure it is getting worse in other countries."

• Disillusioned Lost-Lamb
    Disillusioned Lost-Lamb

He shoots he scores!

That was awsome!

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

When I became inactive, an elder and MS came around for a shepherding call. The MS had prepared a few encouraging scriptures to read me, and the asked what I most looked forward to in the New System. I said, "I don't believe in the New System." He was totally stunned, sat there in shock not knowing what to say. So I said, "I guess that is not the answer you usually get to that question." He said it was his first shepherding call and so the first time he had asked the question. I found it very amusing, though that was the beginning of the end for me.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

They threaten with death and destruction, and cutting off of your family. That is not going to work because they themselves kept me from having a family--and their death and destruction rubbish is so blatantly wrong that anyone with a little background in Algebra 1 should figure it out.

As for being spiritually dead, I believe I was spiritually as dead as I could be while a witless. I might understand some of those "classes" that the washtowel rags highlighted, and think I was doing well spiritually. But does that address genuine spirituality? Does that teach me anything about how my soul, or the universe, actually works? Of course not. In fact, anything that would have taught me how things actually work was actively forbidden under disfellowshipping threat. It is called "spiritism".

Pleasing Jehovah? Why would I want to please some Almighty Lowlife Scumbag that did everything he could to make me miserable? I got nothing but broken promises and told to waste my whole life waiting out of Jehovah--I have to wait until I die, and receive damnation, to find out that the whole thing is a complete scam and that Jehovah actually kept me from advancing spiritually. Jesus? I got absolutely nothing out of Jesus. He is dead--DEAD (and that's if he even existed at all, albeit his story being embellished).

About the only tools the hounders have is to actually interfere with my life physically (which those filthy angels would use when scams and trickery stop working) and physically forcing me right back into the cancer. They will need force to prevent me from calling on Satan and his demons--especially since the witlesses are scared of Satan more than anything else. One good "Hail Satan" ought to make them panic. And I will simply not show up for my judicial hearing--I am pretty sure you can get disfellowshipped for worshiping Satan.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

They were stunned. As nature abhors a vacuum they quickly filled the gap with, "Well, I'm sure it is getting worse in other countries."

Now isn't that the dumbest comeback from a JW you have ever heard?

• TOTH
    TOTH

I imagine one day a jw will melt down something like this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZuYbDP2kDfg

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit