What's The Longest Bible Study Length You Heard Of?

by Perry 20 Replies latest jw friends

• Perry
    Perry

I knew a sister in my old congregation that had two sons and I actually studied with one. I left the org, went back to college, new job etc. Then I ran into her about ten years later at a store. After a brief how-do-you-do she excitedly told me how her now adult son had started studying again. I later calculated that he must have studied off and on for over ten or twelve years.

What's the longest bible study you ever heard of?

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

Yea I remember these pioneer makers. Perpetual studies that never progress. Mostly lonely people who want some social interface but don't buy into the kool aid

• Inisc
    Inisc

There was one in my cong, was under the label of study for at least 7 years or so. She attended every meeting, out in FS, answered, the lot.

But couldn't move up to unbaptised publisher.

She was a not so secret, secret smoker.

She eventually quit, the meetings that is not cigs!

• out4good3
    out4good3

Why don't you correct the title of this thread to WT publication study!!!

I've never seen a JW study the Bible.

• Perry
    Perry

Good Point!

I was a rebellious teen for a few years, so my family had me study with an older man in the congregation. His wife always made me feel creepy the way she looked at me. She later left him and was disfellowshipped. Surprise, surprise. Anyway, he studied the United in Worship book with me. Anybody remember that one?

It had a weird format; not the typical questions at the bottom of the page. It was the most boring experience ever. I always felt like if this stuff was all that, why was everyone sinning so much.

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

out4good3, it is "bible" study.

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

Haven't been to the KH in more than 20 years, but don't I remember them setting some kind of cut off date back then if there was no progression in the person studying? Friend of mine had a study forever, while she was still living with her boyfriend, then the so-called cut off period was announced and she stopped the study.

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

Shirley, do you still have family in the borg?

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

I knew someone that studied 11 years before getting baptized.

• the_raisin
    the_raisin

My mom before she finally got baptized. Studied since age 11, got dipped at age... 34 I believe... that's a whole lotta years in between.

And two years right after, she decided to leave the org in pursuit of carnal ambitions, debauchery and left my dad after just two years of marriage (funny, she only got married so she could get baptized, I was told this by herself the day of the wedding). They're back together now, and I believe she still speaks to some brothers and sisters. I heard she's trying to get back in, and I'm trying my darndest not to bet about this whole thing (hundred bucks says she won't last more than two years ;o).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit