Gilead Overseers: LAWRENCE BOWEN Y WALLACE LIVERANCE

by torre 15 Replies latest jw friends

• torre
    torre

"Asked to leave" that is the right way to translate it rather than "invited to" leave.

• talesin
    talesin

Awakened,, hope you are well, and doing fine. :)

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead

Nope, don't know him. Check out the WT 12/15/03 for my class.

• Londo111
    Londo111

Ack! This is off topic, but the 7000-year creative day brings back flashbacks of arguments I had with my father when I was 15. 9 th grade Earth Science easily debunked the Society's brand of fundamentalism and I never could accept it. My father on the other hand was very insistent on the idea and didn't want to listen to my concerns regarding the evidence. In retrospect, I should be thankful he didn't haul me in front of the elders for apostasy.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

There was a tiny bit of excitement about 2005 being 30 years after 1975.

Since 6000 years ended in 1975 and Jesus was 30 when he was baptized, "some were led to believe" that the invisible presence of armageddon began in 2005.

LOL

• sir82
    sir82
    There was a tiny bit of excitement about 2005 being 30 years after 1975.

I heard something about that, but from a slightly different angle.

According to Genesis, Adam was 130 years old when Eve gave birth to Seth as a "replacement" first-born for the disgraced Cain.

Some old JW I was talking to, back in the 90's, claimed that it was written somewhere (old WT? Aid Book? Can anyone back that up?) that Cain was 100 when he killed Abel. That would imply that Adam was 30 when Cain was born, and thus Eve was created 30 years after Adam. Which then pointed to 2005 as the end of the 6000 year creative "day".

I didn't ask about how Eve managed to have 1-day rather than 9-month pregnancies, nor about how they determined that Adam & Eve were gettin' busy just a few days afteer her creation.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit