Gilead Overseers: LAWRENCE BOWEN Y WALLACE LIVERANCE

by torre 15 Replies latest jw friends

• torre
    torre

It was posted in an spanish board:

http://www.extj.com/showthread.php?20896-Superintendentes-del-departamento-de-escuelas-teocraticas

Overseers in the Theocratic Schools

Crrently are assigned to them as instructors in Patterson: William Samuelson and his deputy Sam Roberson
    -As aiders: Michael Burnett former misionary Gilead instructor since 2007.
    -Mark Noumair; Kenneth Stovall; Lawrence Doyle -James Hinderer.
    The currently teaching comitee is currently headed by: Stephen Lett ,Geofrey Jackson as a Governing body members. As their aiders are William Malenfant; David Schafer; David Mercante

Prior to all these arrangements the Gilead Overseers instructors were: LAWRENCE BOWEN Y WALLACE LIVERANCE
    LAWRENCE BOWEN was there since class 106 in March 1999 til class 122 in March 2007.
    WALLACE LIVERANCE since class 96 in October 1993 til class 122 in March 2007.
    Soon after that date both Overseers are invited to leave Bethel.

What had happened by that time?

Anyone knows?

• Gayle
    Gayle

I am curious too,,where have they been last 5 yrs? "invited to leave?" not even special pioneers? CO or DO

• out4good3
    out4good3

How the hell can you be invited to leave a place......

• baltar447
    baltar447

Ah, Watchtower land. The only place with an INVITAION means get the HELL OUT!

• Londo111
    Londo111

Maybe something got lost in the translation? Perhaps it should have said, "asked to leave"? Of course, that is still a e uphemism for, "You're fired!"

• ex360shipper
    ex360shipper

They were offered the PRIVLEDGE of devoting ALL their time to their ministry. I hope they thanked the brothers.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

I thought it had been posted on here that Larry and Wally had been a bit to questioning or critical of some of the material that they were expected to teach in Gilead. I guess there was a committee that went easy on them, such that they only got kicked out of Bethel and not DFd.

• XBEHERE
    XBEHERE

I heard from a JW friend of mine (he is still a believer gag!) that Wally and his wife were assigned out as special pioneers somewhere in northern NJ. He is still an elder from what he said.

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead

In Gilead, Liverance made some conjecture about the 7000 year creation periods that I found disturbing. I had thought that the Society had abandoned the 7,000 year creative day stuff (as in the old green Bibles). And he re-iterated the idea that if we would know the age of Adam when Eve was created we would be able to predict the date of Armageddon, tho Wally insisted that it must be really, really, really close.

Bowen supposedly knew Hebrew and Greek, so given the Society's stance on not researching the Hebrew and Greek, that was bound to get him in trouble, LOL.

• ex360shipper
    ex360shipper

Awakened, was Wayne C. in your class?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit