smiddy

"If everybody is thinking alike then somebody isn`t thinking"

G.S.Patton Jr.

" It`s better to be looked over than overlooked"

Mae West

smiddy

• Low-Key Lysmith
    Low-Key Lysmith

"Rock & Roll means well, but it can't help telling young boys lies". - Drive-By Truckers.

• smiddy
    smiddy

"The Truth ? You cant handle the Truth"

Jack Nicholson

Should be applied to most current jehovah`s witnesses

smiddy

• iCeltic
    iCeltic

“What can be asserted without proof can be dismissed without proof.”
    ? Christopher Hitchens

• SweetBabyCheezits
    SweetBabyCheezits

When I get arrogant:

"Once upon a time, in some out of the way corner of that universe which is dispersed into numberless twinkling solar systems, there was a star upon which clever beasts invented knowing. That was the most arrogant and mendacious minute of "world history," but nevertheless, it was only a minute. After nature had drawn a few breaths, the star cooled and congealed, and the clever beasts had to die. One might invent such a fable, and yet he still would not have adequately illustrated how miserable, how shadowy and transient, how aimless and arbitrary the human intellect looks within nature. There were eternities during which it did not exist. And when it is all over with the human intellect, nothing will have happened." - Nietzsche

When I want to recover from reading Nietzsche:

"The very molecules that make up your body, the atoms that construct the molecules, are traceable.... to the crucibles... that were once the centers of high mass stars.... that exploded their chemically rich guts into the galaxy, enriching pristine gas clouds with the chemistry of life. So that we are all connected to each other, biologically.... to the earth, chemically.... and to the rest of the universe, atomically. ... We are part of the universe. We are in the universe and the universe is in us." - Neil deGrasse Tyson

• Lazarus
    Lazarus

“If you would be a real seeker after truth, it is necessary that at least once in your life you doubt, as far as possible, all things.” Rene Descartes

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Wege entstehen dadurch, dass mann sie geht. Franz Kafka

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

On real friends (who are unconditional):

“Everyone wants to ride with you in the limo, but what you want is someone who will take the bus with you when the limo breaks down.”
    ? Oprah Winfrey

“When you're in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you saying, 'Damn, that was fun'.”
    ? Groucho Marx

Doc

• littlerockguy
    littlerockguy

ONE of my favorites

“I don't think homosexuality is a choice. Society forces you to think it's a choice, but in fact, it's in one's nature. The choice is whether one expresses one's nature truthfully or spends the rest of one's life lying about it.”

Marlo Thomas

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit