What is your favorite quote?

by Iamallcool 48 Replies latest jw friends

• poppers
    poppers

" Facts are stubborn things." John Adams .

• androb31
    androb31

"I pity the fool that don't stay in school." Mr. T

• karter
    karter

"A women drove me to drink and i never had a chance to thank her"...W.C.Fields.

"I told you i was sick"..On Spike milligans tomb stone.

• mP
    mP

@Cirkeline

You do realise Lincoln was a racist and thought Blacks were to stupid to learn anything.

• blond-moment
    blond-moment

I stand corrected, wonder why I always thought it was Twain. Oh well, over it, still love the quote.

• Quentin
    Quentin

Vinegar in freedom tastes better than honey in slavery....Serbian proverb

If there is no enemy within, the enemy without can do you no harm...Weat African proverb

• moshe
    moshe

"I don't mind paying for the horse, as long as I get to ride it"- Moshe

example of usage--Offered as a reply to an employer who has just given you a lowball wage offer at the end of an interview

• 3Mozzies
    3Mozzies

"With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion." - Steven Weinberg

• talesin
    talesin

tx for asking, cool; I love to share Emerson. He is my favorite American philosopher, and for those who are newly exploring the topic,, he was Thoreau's mentor.

To laugh often and much; to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children; to earn the appreciation of honest critics and to endure the betrayal of false friends. To appreciate beauty; to find the best in others; to leave the world a bit better whether by a healthy child, a garden patch, or a redeemed social condition; to know that even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded.

~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

tal

• Crisis of Conscience
    Crisis of Conscience

Go to bed with an itchy and dirty crack, wake up with a smelly finger. - Unknown

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit