Brother Hero wants to watch Faith in Action with me this Saturday

by garyneal 54 Replies latest jw friends

• garyneal
    garyneal

The question I have is, should I even bother? I am not even sure why he wants to watch this particular video. I’ve already seen it with my wife a few days ago and already seen how they leave a lot of details out concerning their teachings of old. I also indicated to him that my wife and I have already seen this DVD together.

I know the congregations are asking their witnesses to look at this video but I did not think that this included looking at them with unbelievers. My guess is that he believes that it may sway me if I took a look at its beginnings and that he has probably already seen it and feels very encouraged by it. Perhaps he feels that this is the proof he needs to show me that Christ selected them in 1919, the proof that I asked for some time ago. If it is, any advice on how I can use this video to show that it is not?

The thing that bothers me is that he still has not provided me any proof on why their blood doctrine is scripturally (not to mention logically) sound.

• Alfred
    Alfred

garyneal... you have a PM

• clearpoison
    clearpoison

Well, if he against his will is forced/encouraged to watch this film, what wouldn't make more sense than doing this as reportable time.

CP

• garyneal
    garyneal
    Well, if he against his will is forced/encouraged to watch this film, what wouldn't make more sense than doing this as reportable time.

I see, so a waste of time. Well, I am still debating whether or not I should do it or leave it alone. If we do it, I will insist that my wife watch with me but I need to be prepared.

Alfred,

Got your PM.

• InterestedOne
    InterestedOne

Early in part 1, it shows a depiction of 1st century Christians going door-to-door with bags full of scrolls. Maybe ask him if that picture is historically accurate. See the following thread about it.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/bible/206521/1/Going-Door-to-Door-with-Scrolls

• Knowsnothing
    Knowsnothing

Garyneal, if you are prepared before you can go into it, you can question him on some of the logical fallacies/historical errors they make. Depends on what you want to accomplish, if you want to accomplish anything.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Its just a self promoting propaganda film put out by the WTS. to get more people buying into their marketing scheme of distributing their literature,

of course they never mention that the beginning leaders of this publishing house were corrupt lying charlatans.

They even had the balls to show a picture of the one Russell's books with a symbol of a Egyptian winged Sun disc.

Now thats stupid !

• InterestedOne
    InterestedOne

Here's a youtube link. The door-to-door with scrolls picture is around 2:31 - 2:35

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZF0dc9h4Zs

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

More than likely he is pioneering this month. This will be an easy way to 'get his time in' for the month.

• blindnomore
    blindnomore

Garyneal, Is he a pioneer? Well, regardless I am sure he is trying to get some service time in with you. Anytime JW approach non-JW relatives, family members, they have one and olny purpose in mind that is to preach and get service time in. I would take it as an opportunity to help them to awake if I were you.

Regarding 1919, there will be no 1919 without 1914 and 607BCE. There are some great informations on these topics you can research on this site if you are not familiar with 1919 or 1914 and 607 BCE. I would print some of the findings that are particularly from the WT's old publications and you are ready to go. There's also a great information on this topic in COC as well.

You may want to let him know that you are giving him a benefit of doubt and being patient with him which he in return demonstrate such qualities with you. After all he hasn't yet answered your last question on blood doctrin.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit