Disfellowshipped man tries to poison Elder and his family.

by jemba 26 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• blindnomore
    blindnomore

steve2, I was offering my opinion any more or less than you are giving yours. I however did not assume others motives nor took sides of involved party. I was not showing any compassion to Df'ed man nor was I minimizing the crime itself. I do not know the guy and any involed circumstances more than you do if not less. That's why I posted eariler that I do give crap what he MAY has gone through while condeming his criminal action.

I have a daughter committed suicide a coupl of years ago the very same night she was dealt judicially by her elders. She maybe had commited gross sin, I don't know what she did because she was an adult and living another State, and was may well deserved to be DF'ed but She did not deserve to be pushed to the edge by the elders to the point taking her own life. I know what some elders are capable of in the name orgarnization and they do things that are unspeakabably inhuman. This elders never even apologized to us for what they put her through which directly caused her death. They in fact never even acknowledged any wrong done in their part. If and when my husband ever wanted to kill them I see where he is coming from and that's the reason I said when I said I want to beat the crap out of a few elders.

Of course you would not have known where I am coming from without any futher explanation. I just trying to see what would lead the man to do commit such a thing while condeming his crime. One thing I failed to mention was that the elder and his family were the victims of this heinous crime.

• steve2
    steve2

Hi Blindnomore, I am genuniely sorry to hear about your daughter's suicide following a judicial hearing. That is tragic and I can well understand the depth of your justifiable emotions around the likely contributing role of the elders; their subsequent lack of humanity is absolutely shocking.

What you allude to is so important: We do not always know what has gone on in judicial hearings that could explain people's later actions.

At the same time, caution is needed because people in general do have a tendency to look for "excuses" for their ill-intentioned behaviour towards others who have in some way aggrieved them. We read of sacked employees turning up at their workplace with firearms, we hear about aggrieved spouses stalking their partner and attacking them, people sabotaging their neighbours vehicles and so on. Defense lawyers try to find some extenuating circumstance or two - and that is their job. Not ours.

But hey you're right: both of us have offered our opinions and need to respect the right of the other to do so.

I personally believe that bad treatment by others never justifies my resorting to bad behaviour in return. In fact, I'd suggest the greater majority of those who are kicked out of the organizatiuon do manage to carry themselves with dignity and integrity despite what they have endured.

Again, I am always saddened when I hear about people who, in evident response to the heartlessness of judicial committees, end up suddenly harming themselves - this is substantially different from the individual who very carefully and methodically plots a revengeful plan against an elder and sustains that plan over a period of time - until he is caught. In every conceivable way that reflects less on the individual's self-perceived 'victimhood' and more on his antisocial tendencies. He may well have been mistreated but it is no justification for seeking to physically violate other's living space.

• metatron
    metatron

As a practical matter, how many DF'ings would take place if elders knew that their lives were at risk?

Generally, it has been the obsequious, servile mindset of JW's that motivates them to accept DF'ing. Suppose every committee meeting ended in a fistfight or murder? Suppose the police got called again and again? How long would this affront to human rights last?

metatron

• blindnomore
    blindnomore

Thank you for your kind words Steve2.

Isn't this a great forum where we argue, exchange thoughts, informed, enlightened, healed, meet and equipped for real life?

(sorry for hijacking the thread for a moment. So where were we?)

• steve2
    steve2

hey blindnomore - no need to apologize - you didn't hijack the thread. Your comments were highly pertinent to the discussion!

• jemba
    jemba

Blindnomore I am so sorry for your loss. You made very pertinent comments to this thread and in no way hijacked it.

My reason for posting that link was to show just how dangerous DF/JCs can be for everyone involved. In this case the danger was to the Elders family.

Unfortunately in Blindnomore's case it was the life of her precious Daughter.

They dont seem to understand that their imperfect human judgements on people can have far reaching consequences.

A lovely Sister here was facing a JC and killed herself leaving 6 children behind.

I for one certainly like to see things like this in the media because it gives people an insight into JWs stupid practices - even if the DF guy was totally in the wrong. It highlights the reason that he became unhinged.

• blindnomore
    blindnomore

jemba, Thank you for your kind words and sympathy.

It's heart breaking to hear about the JW mother of 6 children. Those children have to go on without their mother!

It's got to stop at some point. I don't know what's going to take this religeous leaders to reform their cruel policies.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit