Definitions for JW words

by socstu 10 Replies latest watchtower bible

• socstu
    socstu

Does the watchtower have some sort of dictionary for people to consult for words they use such as publisher, ministry, pioneer.

Just wondering as I don't wanna just say what my version of those words mean if they aren't exactly true.

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

-

true christian unity: shut up and drink the Kool-Aid

-

• ThomasCovenant
  • mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

" Just wondering as I don't wanna just say what my version of those words mean if they aren't exactly true."

Do you mean true according what the watchtower says the meaning is?

• fugue
    fugue

Farkel's list has a lot of sarcasm and satire. Here's a list that is a more serious attempt to define "jw-ese":

http://cftf.com/dictionary/

That page is a little bit dated. Some terms, like "Presiding Overseer," have changed recently. But for the most part it's a pretty thorough glossary.

• socstu
    socstu

Thanks for the links, I'll take a look.

@mrsjones5 Yes what the Watchtower believes it to be, I want to be able to have their version so I can compare them with the 'lived experience' shall we say.

• Knowsnothing
    Knowsnothing

Generation is a good word to define.

• blondie
  • socstu
    socstu

Out of interest, from your experiences, what has to happen for someone to be marked as a do-not-call? It's one of those words which is tough to find any official WT perspective on but is used almost every Saturday.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

A householder would have to request to be put on the do-not-call list. But I'm not sure if such a list actually exists. Someone else might know if that's true or not.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit