Need info on Revised JW book that was 'recalled' ... was it ....

by talesin 16 Replies latest jw friends

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

So... do you count them as 'placements', when you sell them?

(JUST KIDDING!!!!!)

• talesin
    talesin

Jim,, hehe, good chuckle ,,, that would be kinda cool, it's been, oh over 35 years since I turned in a FS report. :))

I am hoping to get back out there next week, and will note the other books; more later!

thanks for the responses, will reply to all then.

xo

tal

• talesin
    talesin

any other suggestions welcome, as it will be a week or so till I get to the stack.

tx

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Watchtower, January 1, 1989 would be worth something with the right marketing blurb

• talesin
    talesin

Thanks, Chris,,, I was thinking the bound volumes should be worth something --- from the early 50s forward. :))

xo

Jen

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

You should make some pretty decent money on Ebay! The literature sells really well, especially the earlier items and the unusual. Growing up, I used to collect the literature, and had many rare items. Unfortunately, my Mother refuses to give me back my collection because I am not a JW any more, even though it was my collection that I paid for myself. For all I know, she could have given them to her KH.

I have started a library again, and fortunately I was recently given a set of Watchtower reprint bound volumes from 1879-1916 as well as some original Studies in the Scriptures and some of the Rutherford era books. They are getting really hard to find nowadays, and any items I get, I won't let go of.

Please be sure to check values first. Common Rutherford era books sell well, even though they usually sell for under $40-50 depending on condition. Then there are Rarer Rutherford era books, such as "Comfort for the jews" etc. which go well over $100+. There are some Russell era books that are worth hundreds of dollars each, and a select few that go into the thousands! Of course, these high values are for the earlier and rarer books.

Even the old Brochures, programs, phonograph records and unusual items are worth a nice amount, and I am often shocked to see what they are actually selling for!

I am happy for you that you have access to the literature, you very well may be able to pay for your schooling from what you make! Be sure to offer shipping to the USA, you will get more bids. Good luck selling!!!

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

JW facts on JW's and 1975 statistics..

http://www.jwfacts.com/watchtower/1975.php

Quote:

From 1966 to 1975 the Watchtower regularly implied that Armageddon would arrive in 1975. However, ask a Jehovah's Witnesses about this date and they will invariably deny there ever being such statements or that the Watchtower assigned any importance to 1975. The following exhaustive list of quotes shows exactly what the Watchtower said.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit