Looking for words, phrases, ideology. WT vs scriptural

by blond-moment 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• lilbluekitty
    lilbluekitty

Their beliefs about who the 144,000 in Revelation are. They call them the "annointed class" and that only they go to heaven, only they can partake of the Lord's Supper because "they are in the new covenant", Jesus is only their mediator, not everyone's, etc.

• N.drew
    N.drew

I always wondered how something someone does NOT do can be called a "custom" as the JWs understand Hebrews 10:25 to mean " not forsaking the gathering of ourselves together, as some have the custom...."

What I think it means is to some of the people gathering it had become a custom or habit to gather so their gathering became powerless to be encouraging to the others present. They were not gathering for love but they were gathering together because they believed they were being told to gather and it became their habit.

http://biblos.com/hebrews/10-25.htm

• Disillusioned Lost-Lamb
    Disillusioned Lost-Lamb

That somehow the bible is beneficial for all and yet only applicable for a few.

Example: We're supposed to follow ALL the scriptures but when they don't neatly fit into wash-towel doctrine for the R&F they are now magically applicable to the anointed only; abracadabra presto-chango conflict solved.

• woman
    woman

Becareful with brothers and sister who are at the Kingdom Hall because they might be:

"Wolves in sheep's clothing."

The Lord Jesus Christ warned His followers, "Beware of thefalse prophets, who come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly are ravenous wolves (Matt. 7:15). The warning was important because Jesus later said to them: "Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; therefore be shrewd as serpents, and innocent as doves" (Matt. 10:16). The apostle Paul, with a deeply troubled spirit and in tears, penned a similar warning: "I know that after my departure savage wolves will come in among you, not sparing the flock" (Acts 20:29)

It has nothing to do with the brothers and sister sitting next to one another worshipping at the Kingdom Hall. Just because someone has a thought or a question has nothing to do with false prophets!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit