major split among JWs

by sidex 38 Replies latest jw friends

• Balaamsass
    Balaamsass

There are some You Tube Talks by Ray Franz to some splinter JW group in Romania.

• iftimen
    iftimen

At that time,when Ray Franz was in Romania,somebody asked him:"Now, are you a Jehovah's witness ? and he answered: No !".So ,for me Ray Franz was like anybody else....I assume,that he never was a true witness for Jehova.I think if somebody breaks by Watchtower,cause this Society from Brooklyn isn't channel for Jehovah any more,this doesn't mean to leave the status by witness.

So,don't recommend ..Ray Franz!

• scotoma
    scotoma

This is getting more interesting - at least to me.

• berrygerry
    berrygerry

Interesting that the Romanians have assemblies (with a massive choir).

• fulltimestudent
    fulltimestudent

A previous poster noted:

My brother was assigned to a Russian congregation in Toronto area.....he said they were very disobedient and hard to lead.

I assume that meant that the Russians had their own ideas.

What people in the west (nearly always) is that the cultural background of people in eastern Europe is different to the west. Their cultural inheritance is through the Eastern Roman Empire, aka the Byzantine Empire. The Eastern Empire managed to survive until 1453, when it finally fell to the Ottoman empire. At that point the mantle of leadership passed to Russia.

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Start your own new group called "the truth about the truth jehovahs Witnesses."

• kaik
    kaik

There were always splinter groups from JW in Eastern Europe, which was result of the isolation behind the Iron Curtain and the "new light" had not a chance to get there so, many JWs there worshiped the old light. When the world openened in the 1990's many JWs find themselves to follow incorrect teaching and they felt betrayed or decieved by Brooklyn. You talk about JWs who were often imprisoned under Stalin and had to face unspeakable horros to be told that they must accept new teaching or to be labeled apostate. This is not issue related to Eastern Christianity versus Western Catholic/Protestant. Czechoslovakia was never Orthodox country and there is no Orthordoxy among Czech native population as it was historically Catholic land in Holy Roman Empire and for 200 years also a Protestant which gave the world Bohemian and Moravian Brethens who built Lititz, Winstom-Salem, or Bethelem, PA. Yet, there were splinter groups which one was called Children of Jehovah who also used Russell to Rutherford teaching and had all these old publictations from interwar period, but they refused to follow Knorr nonsense. Another group there which was also in Slovakia was called Witnesses for Jehovah. Both groups were considered as extremely dangerous apostate for "mainstream" JWs. In Romania, there was a reconcilation among these two groups and majority joined to the tit of the Brooklyn. But this was not universal and many old timers refused to deal with anything that is presented from Brooklyn gang.

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow

Some information I discovered recently:

https://archive.org/details/GeneralAssemblyOfJehovahsWitnessesOfJune12001

thumbnails from video:

Here are all materials of Jehovah's witnesses, to wit, text, audio and video. These witnesses of Jehovah have nothing in common with the modern-day Watchtower Society located in New York, U.S.A. They recognize as true activities, beliefs, and literature of the Society only under Russel and Rutherford, that is, untill 1942. Furthermore they believe in Jehovah's will at the present time given by "faithful and wise servant", which will is to proclaim final warning to Satan's organization, according to Daniel 11:44 and other Bible prophecies. In order that this was made known and the name of Jehovah vindicated the witnesses of Jehovah want to share this information with the public and all the peoples of the earth.

https://archive.org/details/All_Materials_Of_Jehovahs_Witnesses

"Songs of Praise to Jehovah" sung by Choir of Jehovah's Witnesses separated, who recognize as right and true activities and literature of the Watchtower Society only untill J.F. Rutherford's death.

Song Book of 1928 issue. Songs in Russian and Ukrainian

https://archive.org/details/Songs_of_Praise_to_Jehovah

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

No religious group forms in a vacuum; every one can trace its lineage back to a group that came before; i.e. religions evolve, just like everything else.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit