major split among JWs

by sidex 38 Replies latest jw friends

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

My brother was assigned to a Russian congregation in Toronto area.....he said they were very disobedient and hard to lead.

Go, Russians!

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

Hi Sidex, and welcome

I have heard about the splinter groups in Russia and some attempts of the Society to restore some of them,

The ban of JW's had scattered many in different directions, and some became suspicious particularly after the ending of the 2nd world war.

Russel did plant a seed in Russia, but, the unity did get disturbed. That being said, the days of Rutherford did a lot to mess with the minds of sincere worshipers. Some wouldn't accept the new Awake, and Watchtower magaizines. They just kept on restudying the older publications.

I'm not sure how strong the groups became though, and the information was given to me 2nd hand.

• JWOP
    JWOP

Here are the JW Splinter groups that I know of:

Bible Fellowship UnionBegan in 1945, publishes the magazine "The Bible Study Monthly".

True Faith Jehovah's Witness AssociationA collective of JW splinter groups formed in 1992. This collective sprouted from the aftermath of the fall of communism.

Theocractic Association of Jehovah's WitnessesBased in Russia. Another splinter group sprouted from the fall of communism.

The Lord's WitnessesBritish based group started by Gordon Ritchie, a former JW who was DF'd for apostasy.

Christian Witnesses of JahA group begun by Greg Stafford. This group hold home worship meetings.

God's Kingdom SocietyBased in Nigeria, Africa; estimates of 3 million members in Africa and North America.

True Friends of Jehovah's WayA collective from Eastern Europe, also spawned by the fall of communism.

Theocratic Bible InstituteThis is more like a publisher of Bible based literature.

Yah Our Righteousness Worldwide
    This group is founded by Donald Burney and is located in the country of Jamaica, West Indies.

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

In the US you still have:

Bible Student Ministries

Associated Bible Students of Ohio

Dawn Bible Students Association

Pastoral Bible Institute

Free Bible Students

Christian Millenial Fellowship

Friends of Man

(original) Bible Students chapters (followers of Russel, most still using and publishing his books) in just about any state and major city in the US

Berean Bible Students Church

New Covenant Fellowship

Laymen's Home Missionary Movement

International Bible Students Association (IBSA)

Almost all of those still publish bi-weekly and/or monthly, most offer free or low cost (shipping cost) bible studies and bible study aids.

Really, the JW's are an offshoot of Millerism (adventists etc.) b/c Russell was influenced by Storrs so if you really want to look for denominations that have similar origins, look for William Miller.

• sidex
    sidex

interesting, but not what I'm looking for.

• Black Sheep
  • sidex
    sidex

No , I'm looking for communication.

• Bubblegum Apotheosis
    Bubblegum Apotheosis

Jehovah's True Witnesses In Romania, don't follow anything after 1960 something, Google "Jehovah's True Witnesses Romania" I read about groups in Siberia who broke away too, I will try to find them. Romanians are just as tough or rougher than Russians, I have delt with Hungarians and Romanians on business venture, Albanians scare the hell out of me, last time I vist Monteneggro and the Dalmatian Coast!

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Communicate with this ex JW pod then

http://www.godswayoflove.org/

Don't stuff up the rest of your life. It may well be the only one you get.

Jehovah has been unable to prevent his modern day followers from making fools of themselves.

• barabi12

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit