Where is the Society headquarters these days?

by rory-ks 18 Replies latest jw friends

• flipper
    flipper

From the look of their teachings these days - even though they are in rural New York- their headquarters may as well be on planet Neptune or Pluto . They are NOT of this planet

• Sic Semper Tyrannis
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

I've heard murmurings in the past about people relocating to Patterson when the Great Tribulation came. It does have that whole 'compound' vibe to it that the Brooklyn Bethel never had. The minute you stepped out of one of the Brooklyn buildings, you were smack dab in the center of a huge metropolis. I didn't hear about the GB moving the Patterson, though I'm sure they already have quarters picked out for when they do. I'd imagine that the GB would be one of the last groups to leave Brooklyn.

• AndersonsInfo
    AndersonsInfo

The Legal, Service (Christian Congregation), and Writing Correspondence Departments are located at the Patterson, NY, facilities as well as Art and Graphics along with some other misc. departments that were at Brooklyn until they were moved in the 1990s.

Each member of the Governing Body has an apartment in Brooklyn, Patterson, and Wallkill, but correspondence is to be addressed to them in Brooklyn where their main residence still is. The office address still is 25 Columbia Heights, Brooklyn, NY 11201. The home address of all Brookllyn Bethelites including GB members is 124 Columbia Heights, Brooklyn, NY 11201.

Back last February, I sent to Brooklyn to GB member, David Splane, the Overseer of the Writing Department, a "Registered" envelope that contained my "Open Letter to the Writing Department" where it was signed for and I subsequently received the receipt back from. http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/221883/1/Letter-to-the-Writing-Department-from-Barbara-Anderson.

In addition, I know of other former JWs that sent "Registered" letters to specific members of the GB in Brooklyn from where they also received signed receipts back.

I would venture to say that at this point in time the Society's headquarters are still in Brooklyn. The plan is that Warwick, NY, will become the International Headquarters of JWs, but now that complex is only in the beginning stages of construction. If and when I hear differently, I'll post the information.

Barbara

• insearchoftruth
    insearchoftruth

Pleades star system???

• AndersonsInfo
    AndersonsInfo

Very funny, "insearchoftruth." We wish that was so cause it would certainly dim their "spacey" (not in touch with reality) influence.

The further away from the earth the GB were the better off for the inhabitants of the wacky Watch Tower world.

Just my opinion.

Barbara

• Sic Semper Tyrannis
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

Unbelievable. Three different apartments for all members of the GB all within 90 miles of one another? The spirit of Joe Rutherford lives on!

• rory-ks
    rory-ks

Thanks, Barbara, that was very helpful.

Each member of the Governing Body has an apartment in Brooklyn, Patterson, and Wallkill

This is the sort of thing that powers the Society. How could they possibly give up that sort of financed lifestyle? That's them set for the next thirty-odd years!

• Gayle
  • St George of England
    St George of England

I wrote to Brooklyn and received a reply from:

Christian Congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses

2821 Route 22

Patterson

NY 12563-2237

Phone: (845) 306-1100

George

Share this

Google+