Where is the Society headquarters these days?

by rory-ks 18 Replies latest jw friends

• rory-ks
    rory-ks

I actually find this whole matter a bit creepy. I find it very hard to think of the Watch Tower Society as a cult in the same mould as Jonestown or the Branch Davidians, and yet their out-of-town facilities increasingly take on the appearance of a cultish stronghold.

Where is the Society headquarters these days? Is it up in Wallkill? Why is all the correspondence channelled through 2821 Route 22, Patterson, NY? What is at 900 Red Mills Road, Wallkill, NY 12589 - is it just Watchtower Farms? Or is "farm" just a code word these days?

Have the Society deliberately divided up their assets so that they can't be pinned down to one location? Is it possible to send a letter anywhere and expect it to find its way to anything resembling an HQ?

Help me out here, I'm a bit confused.

• rory-ks
    rory-ks

Is this a silly question, or has it just foxed everyone?

• besty
    besty

most folks on here are US based so the time zone difference means posting at 8am UK time won't get the biggest possible audience

• blond-moment
    blond-moment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K40cTZUdznA

You think that is creepy, check out the contact info at Patterson.

• Momma-Tossed-Me
    Momma-Tossed-Me

Really the WTBTS has a headquarters in every active JW's mind. It matters not where the physical location is as long as they can go the Kingdom Hall and receive information from Momma.

MTM

• Gayle
    Gayle

,,Warwick is suppose to be the primary location up state new york, (somewhere 'out there' upstate NY),,with a couple other properties 10 mins or so away and Wallkill maybe about 45 mins away and Patterson maybe about 1 1/2 hrs away (certainly, not so centralized). A scatter. All their selling, building, scattering over miles,,seems somewhat manic/panicky to me. Really, their supposed spiritual family, their supposed brothers and sisters around world don't have a clue either.

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman

900 Red Mills Rd. is the Watchtower Farm in Wallkill, or as the sign on the wall inside says, "Wallkill Bethel."

Route 22 in Patterson is the Watchtower Educational Center.

• charlie brown jr.
    charlie brown jr.

It doesnt matter where the Headquaters are Jah Needs No Home..........................

Just remmeber NEVER TO MISS A FU*****G MEETING AT YOUR KH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• rory-ks
    rory-ks

Blond-moment, I take it that is highlighting how many lawyers there are signed up to work for the Society. Is that right?

Gayle, it seems weirdly panicky to me, too.

Is the Headquarters still concidered to be 25 Columbia Heights, Brooklyn? It just seems strange that official letters come from the Watchtower Education Centre. Where do members of GB tend to live these days?

• lilbluekitty
    lilbluekitty

I'm pretty sure the GB live at Patterson. The whole thing is creepy to me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit