There is a JW fraud, sex and murder story on 48 hours right now!

by serenitynow! 33 Replies latest jw friends

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Ummm ? ?

Well at least I'm not alone in thinking this some unusual stuff for your typical run of the mill JWS.

A wife who's a cop. I'm guessing she was introduced to the JWS by Ronda's first husband, after she left the police force .

A supposed elder who's got such a damaged and dark past, with his family and wifes.

One positive note, is that this TV exposure will alert people who have JWS come to their front door on a Saturday morning.

• JeffT
    JeffT

I knew Ron Reynolds and his first wife in the late seventies early eighties. We were pretty good friends, used to hunt together. The cong we were in was fairly liberal about such things. Our kids played together. Obviously I haven't seen him since before we DA'd in 1989. He was a decent guy back then, I can't imagine what brought him to this place in his life. A real mess for sure.

• Scott77
    Scott77

Sorry for Ronda's death. I hope one day, justice is served to the killers. I do not want to speculate here but my deep sympathy goes to the mother of Ronda,not to that man who was a JW elder and then married his client, a practice that is forbiden in the counselor profession. Its unethical.

Scott77

• smiddy
    smiddy

talesin

I commented on another thread about Scullys Q.how Ronda could be a State Trooper and a jw at the same time ? Here in Australia I personally knew 2 people who were jw`s and police officers at the same time and one was an elder,whats the problem with that ?

just asking

smiddy

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

A Scott77, he wasn't a professional marriage counselor, he just an elder in a congregation, when Ronda and her then husband

were going through difficulties. This was when apparently they started to be attracted to one another.

• Morbidzbaby
    Morbidzbaby

I believe (though I may be wrong...maybe Blondie can pull up some info) that any job where you have to carry a weapon is a conscience matter. Same with a job that requires you to raise and lower a flag. So she could be a cop and still be a JW in good standing if, as Jeff said, it was a liberal area.

Now, try that on the east coast and you'd definitely get some stares and some meetings in the back room about "stumbling" others...but they couldn't DF you over it.

I feel terribly for Barb (Ronda's mom). She seems at peace with the outcome, though. She got what she was after in the first place and Ronda's death has been ruled a homicide. The problem comes in with WHO could have done it. There were only certain people in that house...one of which was 12 feet away and supposedly slept through a gun blast. My personal opinion: If Ron didn't do it, he knows who did.

• flipper
    flipper

Typical JW's the father and son. Smug assholes who make an excuse for everything and have dissociative disorder in not showing remorse or sorrow over the woman's death. Bastards. I've come to my verdict. My intuition says they're guilty as hell

• talesin
    talesin

Jeff -- I can attest to this fact because of my own family --- you can think you 'know' who they are,,, they seem SUPER NICE and good people, but some very evil things can be happening 'behind closed doors'. This story must sadden you greatly.

smiddy -- maybe it's the Canadian influence? I know that here in Eastern Canada, hunting rifles are considered to be okay, but being in law enforcement was not acceptable ... you know, one of those 'conscience matters' that really isn't.

tal

• Joliette
    Joliette

*Bookmarking for later*

• usualusername
    usualusername

Ok Folks

In summary: (spoiler alert)

Police shoddy
    The police did not carry out a thorough investigation.

Photos/videos were not taken of the crime scene upon discovery.

The family were not tested for gun shot residue.

The kids were sent away without being questioned.

Files from case thrown away due to suicide.

80% of homicides are family/friends related.

Hubby
    Did not hear a gunshot in his wardrobe? He claimed he was tired.
    His x wife came around that night and he cannot remember if they slept togther and if they did they did not have sex?
    Scene of family stood together praying before a meal was odd.

Son
    Victim's complained to many people about his behaviour and his drug use. Said he threatened to kill her.

Victim
    Gun was found next to her had which is almost impossible due to recoil. I know a little about suicides and most women do not choose a violent method. Most peoples behaviour changes before before trying suicide and victim did not appear to do so.
    Mother
    Naturally grieves her daughter but does not know what happened.
    My conclusion
    Son was high and murdered step mum and father is protecting son. A little like OJ case.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit