Christain terms I never heard of as a Jehoavh's Witnee??

by Butterflyleia85 38 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Fernando
    Fernando

Hey Butterflyleia85!

Maybe these scripture passages can explain the "free gift" part of the "unabridged good news" much better than I can:

(Romans 3:22-24) . . .For there is no distinction. For all have sinned [are dysfunctional] and fall short of the glory of God, and it is as a free gift that they are being declared [or counted as] righteous by his undeserved kindness through the release by the ransom [paid] by Christ Jesus.

(Romans 3:27-28) . . .Where, then, is the boasting? It is shut out. Through what law? That of works? No indeed, but through the law of faith. For we reckon that a man is declared righteous by faith apart from works of law.

(Romans 4:2-7) . . .If, for instance, Abraham were declared righteous as a result of works, he would have ground for boasting; but not with God. For what does the scripture say? “Abraham exercised faith in Jehovah, and it was counted to him as righteousness.” Now to the man that works the pay is counted, not as an undeserved kindness, but as a debt. On the other hand, to the man that does not work but puts faith in him who declares the ungodly one righteous, his faith is counted as righteousness. Just as David also speaks of the happiness of the man to whom God counts righteousness apart from works. . .

It is not an accident that all religion effectively demands we "measure up" via works of self-righteousness to join their club which knows little or nothing about IMPUTED rightuousness, or the "unabridged good news" according to Paul, Moses, Isaiah, Psalms and others.

May God bless you for being open-minded and enquiring like the Beroeans in your walk with him. He is the revealer of secrets - not to organisations - not to the ruling religious clergy class - but to individual sheep.

• Fernando
    Fernando

Butterflyleia85, if you can tolerate 4 X 10 minutes of audio these videos are some of the best I've ever come across on the subject of avoiding self-righteousness (a centrepiece of religious living):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NXp6PoZgvIw

• Fernando
    Fernando

This video contains some unfortunate religious baggage (hellfire = fear & guilt, some emphasis on the cross, directing people to a religious building).

Otherwise it is a brilliant classic that graphically clarifies and explains the role of the law (a mirror-like measure of our dysfunction), and our need of grace.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCSUKIhjevo

• Fernando
    Fernando

Rhema Marvanne singing Amazing Grace

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ZILOCLwBIM

• Fernando
  • designs
    designs

'Glazed'

• askduane
    askduane

Gospel means Good News. Christendom corrupted the word Gospel and the meaning, Jehovah's Witnesses cleaned it up according to the bible and says "Good News". Grace has more than 14 definitions in the dictionary, Christendom corrupted that word and made it secular. Jehovah's Witnesses again cleaned the word up and used "undeserved kindness" better explains the free gift of God to mankind. Undeserved Kindness is one of the 14 definitions of Grace. I prefer "Undeserved Kindness" why? We didn't earn it, and it was given freely. Grace has become a commercial word of no power. Jehovah Witnesses put the power back in the Bible by just using a different word of same meaning. Free Gift. It was Kindness Given byGod to mankind that didn't earn it or didn't deserve it. Undeserved Kindness. Grace and Truth, has a whole different meaning.

Immanuel means "with us is God". Matthew 1:23. Immanuel is a name-title applied to Christ the Messiah.

Let's get it right, Jehovah Witnesses are Christians. We are not worldly Christians, so we call worldly Christians, "Christendom" and they go by denominations and non-denominational titles. It's easy to see the difference. Christians of the Jehovah Witnesses Congregation are obedient to God's Word the Bible. Christendom (denominational) Christians are of the Rebellious nature, they are worldly, they don't obey God's Word the Bible, they are "Luke Warm Christians". Read what the book of Revelations say about "Luke Warm" Christians.

• askduane
    askduane

Major difference between "Christian Jehovah's Witnesses" and "Worldly Christendom", Worldly Christendom comes with over 20,000 different denominations, that's over 20,000 Christian beliefs. They all say they are "Autonomous", you should look that word up in the dictionary. It means separate, you do your thing, I do mine. In other words No Unity.

That's the opposite of the Good News of God and Christ. Jesus said he wants all to be One, as He and His Father are one.

(John 10:30) I and the Father are one.”

(John 17:21) in order that they may all be one, just as you, Father, are in union with me and I am in union with you, that they also may be in union with us, in order that the world may believe that you sent me forth.

**Not one of the 20,000 plus so call Christian Churches that are "automous" follow this command from Jesus. ***Jehovah's Witness Christians do follow that command, in fact more than 7 million Christian Jehovah's Witnesses are in Union together as Jesus commanded. Go anywhere in the world, we Teach and Preach and follow the Bible everywhere as Jesus taught.

Just by this rule alone. Who is the Real Christian Organization in this World? Jehovah's Witnesses are. Just the name says it all. Jehovah's Witness, we witness to everyone about Jehovah God and His Son Jesus Christ. We respect the Father, Son Relationship they have better than any worldly church.
  • Chariklo
    Chariklo

2tone, what's a Super Friend in JW speak? I've never heard that one.

• Butterflyleia85
    Butterflyleia85

Fernando, I will need some time... Thank you for posting!

askduane, wonderful.. I appresiate this so so much! This I feel is a HUGE part of an understanding of what I am looking for in Christians... I have tons of questions but I guess I haven't been asking the right one til now. I needed to see the flaw of my way of thinking (still I hold alot of JW train of thought of bible teachings) and true Christian way of thinking (to see if this is the path I need or God wants me to follow).

I gave a promise to God and Jesus, or Christians type faith, I wouldn't give up! I dedicated myself to HIM! Even if it was under JW religion, my faith was for HIM! So there fore I continue reaching and searching. (It's hard to break a marriage, a commitment you make with someone you love, and for me that is true with my dedication to God, even if religion tries to speak for HIM and break that, I know HE loves me and I will work hard to fight for that love)

Chariklo, I never heard of Super Friends. 2tone, is that a new one sence I been out (four years ago)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit