Christain terms I never heard of as a Jehoavh's Witnee??

by Butterflyleia85 38 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Butterflyleia85
    Butterflyleia85

I have to read this a few times... sorry for the delay if I can't get back to you sooner... but thank you so much for sharing with me all this information. It will be very helpful in my research.

It's about 1:23am! I need to get off here... I prob won't be able to visit in a while because my husband will be back from a long trip tomorrow.

But I will visit again and probably ask more questions. lol

• Fernando
    Fernando

Hey Butterflyleia85!

It is a pleasure, and thank you too.

I'm delighted that it may be of some use.

Happy to correspond or chat if and when you'd like.

Best wishes with your research, journey, friends and family.

• carla
    carla

I don't think jw's use these either in reference to God, He is omniscient, omnipotent and omnipresent.

I would say jw's (or at least mine) do not understand the word 'grace' at all. I'm not sure they understand the word 'sin' the way Christians use it either. In fact most words they use have a different meaning than how it is understood by the general population that's why it is so difficult to have a conversation with one! A jw will shake their head yes, yes as if in agreement but then you find they don't really agree at all due to the language barrier.

When mine first joined up I had to learn jwese then I had to learn apostate slang. Oh yeah, I had to brush up on my Bible too. I was studying like a mad man! all for what? not a damn thing. ha, kind of like jw's huh? oh, now that's just sad.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

Butterfly:

Yes, the JWs have their own terms and want to distinguish themselves from other christian religions. I always felt that they differed just for the sake of being different. Although the term "grace" is replaced by "undeserved kindness". The JWs aren't keen on the idea that anybody is just saved by grace.

The whole idea of the JWs is to instill guilt and a sense of never being good enough. The idea being to keep you on a treadmill.

• vanyell
    vanyell

Brings to mind, a hamster...... Have enough hamsters running around the wheel, should be able to power up the Brooklyn HQ building....Which is probably the point of the GB....

• Butterflyleia85
    Butterflyleia85

At some stage on the journey believers come to spontaneously and independently understand that all these priceless items are given as "free gifts" which due to our fallen state (spiritually bankrupt, nothing in the bank) we simply cannot earn, deserve or pay for these things.

I'm not following... give an example. I can only make from this, that a person say a Christian understand one day out of the blue that the things given to him are "free gifts" and because today he feels spiritually weak he is unworthy and undeserving... ??? That's not right.

God puts Jesus' righteousness into the bank account of anyone who will accept and then COUNTS them as righteous, thereby IMPUTING a perfectly righteous condition to them which actually does not yet exist, but will in the future recreation. This gives God the legal right to start transforming us from within - as opposed to the externalism, legalism (rules), moralism (codes), ethnocentrism (doctrines) and Gnosticism (knowledge) of the Pharisees.

Sounds like to me your talking about once saved always saved. I don't believe that either, just cause I don't understand it I guess. In Jehovah's Witness thinking that's cheating a way out, in not sacrifing like Jesus sacrified and not having to live a life faithful like Jesus did... He made an example like we ought to be but because he was perfect we can just strive to achieve that goal and because of that effort he will bless us.

This is why the most sincere and honest sheeple feel so unworthy, whilst the Pharisees wallow in their (vain and worthless) self-righteousness.

This is how God has secured our salvation. A ransom price was paid. We are not required to pay anything. We cannot supplement this ransom. Trying to supplement it is saying that God did not know what he was doing and the ransom was not valuable enough - demonic teachings.

There are so many scriptures in Paul's writings where this thinking dominates.

Honestly I'm glad people think this way... but I have to see how that's so before believing it (which I want to).

Ha JWs use that term "works of faith"

Works of the law is described as like the goverment leaders and stuff when JW interpet it.

Very Interesting topic about the exorism. Thanks for sharing... and I will try and get this right: So basicly a person can be possessed and a group of people can be possessed by Satan?? And when under the possession are they origianlly God's people gone bad or unbeliever who has what people observe a possession?

I understand the process based on your decription of "imputting sonship" (adoption). Interesting. Thanks again.

Thanks carla and LongHairGal! Haha yeah Vanyell yeah stuck in a cage too.

• Ding
    Ding

Butterflyleia85,

I have sent you a PM.

• Butterflyleia85
    Butterflyleia85

thanks for your pm sent a responce :)

• I Want to Believe
    I Want to Believe

carla: "I don't think jw's use these either in reference to God, He is omniscient, omnipotent and omnipresent."

It's not that they don't use them, more that they don't believe two of them. JWs specifically teach that God is not omnipresent, and that He can know all things but not unless He tries (such as when He was going to Sodom to confirm what He heard).

• clarity
    clarity

Butterfly...

When I read the King James version of the bible after leaving, I was amazed at how soft and loving it sounded in comparison to nwt!

Wish we could have sung this once in awhile......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MoRQ0Gm_a6w&feature=related

clarity

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit